Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/4/2024 1:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Masterbeef]
We all asked  for it and nobody listened, until Barwarus answered the call. Its finally here.

After seeing positive feedback from Kalashbash I went ahead and ordered one direct from Barwarus at $299 ($304 shipped). Frontier Armory lists them a bit less at $274, but at the time was not yet shipping.

Pics for collective judgement :

Klay Owens of Klayco47 fame said its a perfect clone that even mounts to real Zenitco lowers. Going to pair it with a B-10U. Will follow up once I get a chance to get everything mounted and get out to do some testing.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for interest,thanks for pics and future testing!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Will be following. Looks well done
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
pickup available in Houston, Texas....

I'll probably order one f these too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
A real zenit fit my PSA forearm, so if as stated above is true, then I'm going to go ahead and assume it will fit on the PSA. I'll order one next week possibly and let you guys know.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
A real zenit fit my PSA forearm, so if as stated above is true, then I'm going to go ahead and assume it will fit on the PSA. I'll order one next week possibly and let you guys know.
View Quote

Keep us posted, I'd love to kit my 101 out with it
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Southdog:

Keep us posted, I'd love to kit my 101 out with it
View Quote

Right there with you, hopefully soon!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:18:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themao] [#8]
Nice. I hope it works with Zenitco stuff. This is Turkish correct? Or are these now US made?

https://www.barwarus.com/
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By themao:
Nice. I hope it works with Zenitco stuff. This is Turkish correct? Or are these now US made?

https://www.barwarus.com/
View Quote
I thought I saw they were Turkish, but then the website says they have a US facility, so maybe both? It wasn't 100% clear to me. I do know they have a pick-up location in NW Houston that's only a 30 minute drive from my house. I may opt for that. These past 2 weeks have been expensive for me. Bought an LMT MARS H and a suppressor for it. It may be 3 weeks before I can order one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How does one select the color option from the Barwarus website? I want to try one and that awesome zenitco green would be pretty fabulous

@nictra if you order something LMK so you can pick mine up too, assuming I can get the color I'm after

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
How does one select the color option from the Barwarus website? I want to try one and that awesome zenitco green would be pretty fabulous

@nictra if you order something LMK so you can pick mine up too, assuming I can get the color I'm after

View Quote

The 33 is only in black. The B30/31 clone has ODG listed but they are out of stock
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#12]
Not to get off-topic, but while checking out the Barwarus site, came across this and wanted to know if anybody has any experience with it? Seems like it might be good especially for reducing the fireball in a shorter barrel with a little sound forwarding thrown in:

https://www.barwarus.com/products/flash-hider-for-ak47-74-gen-2

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:11:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfamousAK] [#13]
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:

View Quote

I talked to Barwarus yesterday in regards to their FDE option, and they said FDE is specifically going to be available by the end of June, with OD Green at or around the same time.

Edit: As I checked their website right after replying, the FDE/OD Green option for the Bravo Handguard, and Bravo Handguard for their next pre order is now available
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Masterbeef] [#14]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Not to get off-topic, but while checking out the Barwarus site, came across this and wanted to know if anybody has any experience with it? Seems like it might be good especially for reducing the fireball in a shorter barrel with a little sound forwarding thrown in:

https://www.barwarus.com/products/flash-hider-for-ak47-74-gen-2

https://www.barwarus.com/cdn/shop/products/[email protected]?v=1652797104
View Quote

What's this you say? Reduce fireball, sound forwarding? Nonsense. Send it into whoever is next to you. Cant find the PSA dtk-2 clone so the jmac brake will have to do

Base gun is a PSA GF4 104. To fit PSA's oversized everything the B10u took a little filing and the mounting "arms" of the B-33  BW-T33 had to be angled/halfway inserted into the handguard before hammering it in order to fit around the rear sight block. Otherwise install was easy and everything lines up as it should.

If time allows this weekend I plan to grab an optic and get everything zero'd. Initial impressions are good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice, and yeah, PSA I a little large on all the dimensions
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Masterbeef:

What's this you say? Reduce fireball, sound forwarding? Nonsense. Send it into whoever is next to you. Cant find the PSA dtk-2 clone so the jmac brake will have to do

View Quote

Nothing says "You pansies to my left and right gonna learn to give a brotha some space today" like a big fat side-port brake!

Looks good man, will be following for the range report.

I'd like to try that Barwarus muzzle device though, but a little too pricey for poors like me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:57:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
Don't these also fit the PSA Zenitclone forends?
View Quote

CT

I too would like to know
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I stated above, a real zentico fits the new PSA stuff, so my assumption is this will fit as well. I also stated I will be buying soon, but it won't be for another few weeks
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C4H10FO2P] [#23]
Originally Posted By Silkyjla30:

CT

I too would like to know
View Quote

Can confirm that it does! I just got one to put on my AK-104 with the PSA SA-10U/SA-19 handguard, and it fits.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By C4H10FO2P:

Can confirm that it does! I just got one to put on my AK-104 with the PSA SA-10U/SA-19 handguard, and it fits.
View Quote

Copy that thank you!
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By C4H10FO2P:

View Quote

That’s not my experience. The SA-10 will require significant filing in order for the T-33 to fit.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#26]
The newer ones are squared and do not require filing.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#27]
The newer ones are squared and do not require filing.
View Quote

I wonder if PSA will reach out and replace mine…
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the Sa30U and 31 and Zen's zentico B31 fir right into it. I bought the rifle about 6 months ago. I know when we tried the 10u or whatever the shorter one is it did not fit and I side it had a fillet that would require filing.

Don't know if their newer 10u is squared or not, I just know the 30u is and will fit the b31 and assuming this new Turkish one
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlgSal] [#29]
I have the Sa30U and 31 and Zen's zentico B31 fir right into it. I bought the rifle about 6 months ago. I know when we tried the 10u or whatever the shorter one is it did not fit and I side it had a fillet that would require filing.

Don't know if their newer 10u is squared or not, I just know the 30u is and will fit the b31 and assuming this new Turkish one
View Quote

I have the SA-10U pictured above. It was one of the first, so they may be at a second generation, who knows. It rubbed me the wrong way when my b-33 wouldn’t snap in and I haven’t purchased the long one that you have. It would be nice if they offered to replace it with something that works.
I have Zenitco HG that fit the Barwarus T33, so maybe I’ll take some photos in a bit. But my PSA 10u doesn’t work without modification.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top