Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2022 12:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork]
Atlantic Firearms had the KUSA KP9 marked down to $795 so I had to pick one up. They appear to still be in stock if anyone is interested. Also, I added a x2 magazine pack to the order and it discounted that to $35 so I got that too.

I plan to SBR this so I put the KUSA triangle folder on order.

What do I need to check out on this pistol before I apply for a stamp? Just general inspection/function or are there some significant trouble areas to look at?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've also done one and haven't had any issues. I'd just make sure that the gun functions well, and that you can get the stock retaining pin out first, as I SBR'ed a PSA AK and then found out I couldn't get it out even with a sledge hammer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hoodfu:
I've also done one and haven't had any issues. I'd just make sure that the gun functions well, and that you can get the stock retaining pin out first, as I SBR'ed a PSA AK and then found out I couldn't get it out even with a sledge hammer.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. The video makes it look easy but I always end up being an exception . Would that be a deal breaker for you, or would you just accept defeat and find a professional to knock the pin out? I emailed KUSA to see if they would remove the pin for me if I have trouble.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I would look to make sure it has a round bevelled firing pin.  If it has a flat pin, it can fire out of battery.  They fixed this with the new round and beveled firing pin.

I just got my kp9 yesterday and it does have the new firing pin.  I checked to see if I could get it to dimple a primer slightly OOB and it would not.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My KP-9 has been a beast, that’s all I got. Pull the trigger, goes bang, every time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:58:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mykrowyre] [#5]
Fired mine today for the first time. Was surprised at just how easily it will shoulder bump.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Love mine. It's one of my favorite SBR's. I had no issues with my bolt but sent it back and received new one from KUSA last year. I installed a folding triangle stock with Russian adjustable cheek riser.

Hope KUSA opens up and begins making them again.  Closest thing to a Vityez out there.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top