Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/9/2021 2:06:01 AM EDT
I'm not impressed with the 84E enhanced trigger. Is the ALG any better?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AaronR] [#1]
most will answer it is better

hardness has tendency to cause peening and mushrooming of bolt carrier tails
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes ALG makes a better trigger if you want something more crisp / match like.  Not a full match trigger, but worlds away from what comes stock in most AKs, especially the stuff imported / released in the US in the last few years.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't speak to the ALG personally, but I don't know why they changed the trigger at all.  People seem to love the ALGs and I'd wager to guess they're better than the Enhanced FCG.

I've had a couple SAM7s with the standard Arsenal trigger and it was an amazing trigger.  My SAM7 triggers broke at just over 4lb, and I had an SLR-101S (same gun as SAM7 before Arsenal changed the name) that had a 3.5lb factory trigger.

I got to handle the SF-84E and the trigger was considerably worse than the factory Arsenal trigger.  Again... I am not sure why they decided to change it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That FIME trigger is trash, the original milled bulgy was fantastic.  It’s a shame they don’t ship with those anymore.  Swap it out for a surplus Bulgy or ALG.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKR:
Yes ALG makes a better trigger if you want something more crisp / match like.  Not a full match trigger, but worlds away from what comes stock in most AKs, especially the stuff imported / released in the US in the last few years.
View Quote

My Zastava M70 trigger is the best trigger of all my AKs. I have a SAM just like OP's and the trigger is a big MEH. I bought a surplus trigger/hammer set (NOS) from a dude on the AK Files and just need to install it. I figure it will make it more authentic and look much, MUCH better. Plus, it can't be any worse than the "enhanced" one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking into doing a trigger change looking at this trigger https://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/ak-rpk-fire-control-group-trigger-hammer-disconnector-milled-receivers supposed to be a factory bulgarian trigger set
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top