Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2024 7:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: logickl]
Is it possible to install a tube for a Magpul stock or maybe even Galil skeleton style stock to the M76? Since there’s no way I can find a folding tube stock, I’d like to switch out my wood stock with another type stock. I tried looking around but found nothing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
A Galil folder can be adapted to fit. There was a seller of these several years ago, but I can't recall their name. He had Galil folders that had the round stub that fit into the Galil receiver milled off. They were milled and the drilled to attach to the Valmet receiver the same way the wooden stock attached. No mods were needed on the Valmet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if you could find a factory Valmet tube stock - the rear trunnion is different on the folder vs. the fixed.  I had a chance recently to buy a M76 folder for $2K and passed because I hate that design compared to the galil.  The fixed stock has a similar to regular AK type trunnion but I recall that the stock itself is in stuffed in there real good etc. so because when you remove and obviously dimensions are very different but I think good smith should be able to make something else work if you have an AK folder assembly designed for a fixed stock gun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they hate Valmets. Wow.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKR:
Even if you could find a factory Valmet tube stock - the rear trunnion is different on the folder vs. the fixed.  I had a chance recently to buy a M76 folder for $2K and passed because I hate that design compared to the galil.  The fixed stock has a similar to regular AK type trunnion but I recall that the stock itself is in stuffed in there real good etc. so because when you remove and obviously dimensions are very different but I think good smith should be able to make something else work if you have an AK folder assembly designed for a fixed stock gun.
View Quote

The Valmet fixed stock trunnion is very different from an AK fixed stock trunnion.After removing the single stock through-bolt from the butt plate end, the Valmet stock is easily removed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By logickl:
Is it possible to install a tube for a Magpul stock or maybe even Galil skeleton style stock to the M76? Since there’s no way I can find a folding tube stock, I’d like to switch out my wood stock with another type stock. I tried looking around but found nothing.
View Quote

Don't do anything that reduces the value of your investment. Nobody will pay for a Frnakensteined M76, they want it original.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with the factory hardware. Your gunsmithing adventure would be better served by converting a cheap AK into your vision.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top