Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2024 8:17:55 PM EDT
Shot some at 200 yards after getting my offset dialed in. This stuff shoots so well out of WOA barrels! These are consecutive from a single 20 round mag.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like the house 77 otm and get great performance. I have mostly switched over to that. I still run black hills , imi, and asc smk from time to time. I do need to get some tmk and barnes tsx and see how that performs in my 3 14.5 builds.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a couple great groups at 200 with the AAC SMK as well, but I had one completely miss the target.

Wish I had a chrony to see if it was under or over charged, or what.

The 75 and both the 77gr have shot great from my 223 Wylde bolt gun, however I do keep having occasional fliers or light primer strikes. (The light primer strikes are due to my action/chamber, and not something people with a semi auto would likely experiance)
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
So was that with the Sierra bullets? Have you tried their house brand 77s?

That being said, those are most impressive groups @ 200 yards for factory ammo at an incredible price. Can you tell me about your rifle?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m looking forward to trying their house 77gr stuff.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s a Naranjo custom. Mega billet upper and lower, Icon defense 13inch rail, WOA 16inch SPR barrel, Rifle buffer system (ARFX stuff) a trigger tech duty 3 pounder and EBCG. I used a MK5HD 18 power scope but I struggled with mirage…the gun was hot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ayougo:
It’s a Naranjo custom. Mega billet upper and lower, Icon defense 13inch rail, WOA 16inch SPR barrel, Rifle buffer system (ARFX stuff) a trigger tech duty 3 pounder and EBCG. I used a MK5HD 18 power scope but I struggled with mirage…the gun was hot.
View Quote

Great Shooting!
Any chance you could shoot and record a 10 shot group at that distance?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I’ll do em this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ayougo:
Yeah, I’ll do em this weekend.
View Quote

Thanks for doing this! Looking forward to your results!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

Thanks for doing this! Looking forward to your results!
View Quote

I was rained out but this weekend looks dry. I'll throw in some 55 Gr. HPBT GameKings too. The rifle loves these as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Niiiiiice!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:33:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tug153] [#11]
I have had similar results with that ammo, although not out of my WOA barrel. My Criterion barrel shoots around .7 MOA. WOA to me seems very overrated. 1.5 MOA at best barrel.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tug153:
I have had similar results with that ammo, although not out of my WOA barrel. My Criterion barrel shoots around .7 MOA. WOA to me seems very overrated. 1.5 MOA at best barrel.
View Quote

I have two WOAs at the moment. One seems to shoot about any decent ammo around MOA. The other is a bit picky, but if it’s a load it likes will put it into closer to .5 than 1. For the price I’ve been more than happy. My proof impresses me, but half the time my WOAs outshoot it for a fraction of the price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#13]
The load my WOA shoots the best are 69 GMMM and the 77 AAC. I have some 77 TMK reloads that shoot great out of everything, except my WOA. In my WOA, they shoot around 3 or 4 MOA. It's really strange. It seems to be picky like you said.
Link Posted: Today 5:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ayougo] [#14]
Okay...I shot a different upper (WOA 3 Gun 2.3) today. I had to sight in my offset irons and new scope (LRHS G2). The reticle is not intended for precision so I dialed up and held at one of the finer sub tensions.

Hope AAC can refine their SMK load just a little more for consistent velocity but otherwise, not bad for cheap SMK and OTM. I would say both my WOA (16 SPR and 18 3 Gun shoot this stuff about the same, with the slight edge going to the 16 SPR as it seems more heat tolerant and more consistent out of Mega Billet upper). 3 gun is nested in a Zev forged upper. 3 gun WOA is also over-gassed (gamer gas) but that's by design.

Wind: Mild 6-10mph R to L
Temp: Warm 81F
Humid: 28%
Ammo: AAC OTM77 and AAC 77SMK
Velo: OTM77 2660-2710  SMK77 2673-2720

Bipod and rear bag, concrete bench...My least favorite type of shooting but prone on the bench range is not allowed.

Link Posted: Today 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]
@ayougo

Thanks for updated info! The 77 gr OTM did pretty damn well at 200 yards. I was on the fence about buying some, but will purchase some for sure, now. The SMK loading is out of stock, but will keep my eye out for it.

Once again, thanks for the update and good shootin’!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top