Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2014 11:07:07 PM EDT
Interested in my first bow. Looking for a used one. Is 70 lbs too much weight ? I am an XL+ size person.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
simple answer is no, it is not too much, you can probably pull 70 lbs no problem. The pull isnt the problem though, it is holding it for up to 3 min waiting for a shot. Also, there are repetitive use injuries that can occur from pulling too much weight. The answer to your problem is to get a mathews and just turn it down to 60lbs until you have practiced every day for a couple months. This will condition your muscles.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
70lbs is what i shoot in my Mathews Helim. Just make sure your arrows spine can handle that draw weight.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:15:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hkusp] [#3]
What is a good but not too expensive arrow to start practicing with ? My draw length is 29".
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hkusp:
What is a good but not too expensive arrow to start practicing with ? My draw length is 29".
View Quote

I've been usine Beeman  ICS Bowhunter carbon shaft arrows. I think retail is around $80/dozen
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I am new as well, and just bought a No Cam (picked it up today) as my first bow. I am 5'6, 155 lbs, athletic and can pull the 70# no problem. To me it feels about the same as 60-65# on other bows. For every day shooting I have it turned down to 63#, but when hunting will crank it back to 70. Yes, with practice back at 70 before heading out to hunt.

My friend came over and we shot for a while this evening, and he is about to trade his in on one of these after trying a few shots. Smooth and on point.
Top Top