Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 2:13:01 PM EDT
I polished chamber . Smooth and looks like a mirror.  I went back out today to test.  Rounds was Fiocchi 7 1/2 , Federal 7 1/2 , Fiocchi buckshot and a few federal buckshot. 80 rounds through her.  I had one that stayed in the chamber.  Not stuck. But did not extract.  Only one shell. It was a Federal.  The shell looks great.  I ran the same amount of shells through my 870 Police.  Flawless. At this point I’m moving towards the extractors. If so it sad it has two extractors and I still have this issue. I have seen a post about the Mossberg needing relieved in the extractor channel on the barrel.  The ramp cuts.  My 870P is moved forward to my go to HD . The journey continues.  Wardawg Attachment Attached File

P.S.  the 1911’s was flawless.  60 rounds each shot through them.  SA WW II mil spec.  And a Colt Government series 80’s.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would send it back to the factory, I have 100's upon 100's of rounds thru my 590A1 without a hiccup, with all brands of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Same Mossberg will make it right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah man, you’re kind of pissing into the wind at this point. Best to send it back and have them sort it. Mossberg QC has never been great but since 2020 it has really fallen off a cliff. Seems like something might be out of spec.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I know yall are right about sending it back. I cringe thinking about having too.  Thanks for the advice.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Do have, or borrow another barrel to swap out and see if the issue continues?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
On eBay you can get a brand new bolt with all the small parts for about $25.  Buy one and see if it resolves the issue.

Heck, I bought a like new complete receiver parts set for $25.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the tip.  I’ll check it out. Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Done.  I just dropped $49 on new take off bolt and lifter and two side plates. Priced it from Mossberg and it was definitely going to run me a lot more going through them. Whether I need it or not I normally stock a few fare ware and tear parts anyhow.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WarDawg:  Done.  I just dropped $49 on new take off bolt and lifter and two side plates. Priced it from Mossberg and it was definitely going to run me a lot more going through them. Whether I need it or not I normally stock a few fare ware and tear parts anyhow.  Wardawg
View Quote

Side plates?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Arty8:
I would send it back to the factory, I have 100's upon 100's of rounds thru my 590A1 without a hiccup, with all brands of ammo.
View Quote

I had a 590 that did the same thing.  It was used so no warranty, local gunsmiths couldn't fix it, sold it and bought new.  No issues with that gun, my Shockwave, and my 590A1.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WarDawg:
I know yall are right about sending it back. I cringe thinking about having too.  Thanks for the advice.  Wardawg
View Quote

I hate sending things back to the factory but sometimes you have no choice. The best experience I’ve ever had though was taking a pistol over to Smyrna at Glock. A little bit of a production getting though security but once you do, you go to a waiting room like a doctors office while a tech takes your pistol to the back. They ended up replacing my slide on the spot. Took all of $45 minutes maybe. I wish they could all be that fast. I’ve never sent anything to Mossberg but I’ve also never heard of anyone complaining when they have send things to Mossberg it taking for ever to get a resolution either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Side plates?
View Quote

Sorry . Shell stop and the opposite side .Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Cartridge Interrupter & Stop
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I’ll say this.  In the breaking in of the 590A1 I had several lock up the action. Pull the trigger , go boom and couldn’t cycle it.  Polished chamber with 0000 . Then stepped up to flex hone 400 and then 800.  No more sticking action. But occasionally it cycles fine but leaves spent shell 100% in chamber. Close action and pulls it out %100 of the time second attempt. So it’s better than it was. I’m off in a week. I’m going to break it down and look hard at the extractors.  Good times.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:57:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#16]
Hope its a simple fix.  You got me thinking should pick up some spare parts for my 590.  I never have a problem with feeding firing or extracting or ejecting ever in the thousands of rounds fired in mine.  Only issue I had was the bayonet lug wouldn't hold the bayonet while under fire lol had to send in my barrel and they made it right.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:14:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WarDawg] [#17]
Originally Posted By Normlizer:
Hope its a simple fix.  You got me thinking should pick up some spare parts for my 590.  I never have a problem with feeding firing or extracting or ejecting ever in the thousands of rounds fired in mine.  Only issue I had was the bayonet lug wouldn't hold the bayonet while under fire lol had to send in my barrel and they made it right.  
View Quote

As someone already posted to me …. Check eBay. I ordered this complete set for $49 + $11 shipping. Advertised as new take off parts.  He had several sets.  For what it’s worth had very good ratings. I’ll know in a few days. WardawgAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I did not know this:

An actual tech meme:

Been a long time since I field stripped a Mossberg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top