Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2024 10:38:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel partially to blame for this after emailing NFA, NICS and IPB this week. The first two just gave me a canned answer but IPB took it upon themselves to address every point I brought up. Didn’t give me a good reason why my 1 RP trust is taking longer to process than a Single Shot, though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
What exactly is the deal with the 24 month exemption? If you've had an NFA item approved in the last 24 months, you can submit something to get newly submitted items fast tracked? What exactly do you need to provide? And it says that what you provide can be uploaded on your eForms account. Does that mean you'd have to give something to your FFL to load it on your eForms submission for the new item(s)?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Just rubber stamp my can dammit.  The quick approvals are hurting my feelings.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
The 24 month exemption adds time, not fast tracked at all.
View Quote

i don't really think it adds or reduces time.  Ideally it should reduce, but i doubt it.

I used a 24mo exemption letter on my last 3 F1's and they were turned around in 2, 6, and 11 days each.  Those times are pretty much on par with normal (non 24mo exemption) times.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#6]
Looks like a lot of new rules added since I did my last stamp.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]
My problem is that I have a couple things on my record from 45 years ago that make it where I don't ever think I'll get a fast approval. I'm at 168 days right now of the longest of 3 that are currently in jail. I don't see how the 24 month thing could hurt or make it any slower. I'm just not sure what kind of "evidence" to submit or how to submit it showing that nothing has occurred since my last approval.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Re-reading that, sounds like this wouldn’t even apply to a Single Shot Trust. You’d submit the letter in place of a previous trust document. Alright, so I guess that’s out… Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gt3stuntman:
I feel partially to blame for this after emailing NFA, NICS and IPB this week. The first two just gave me a canned answer but IPB took it upon themselves to address every point I brought up. Didn’t give me a good reason why my 1 RP trust is taking longer to process than a Single Shot, though.
View Quote

These are the same questions that have been asked by SOT's and transferees since eForm's was first implemented.

This Q&A has been up since late April.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Yeah, I saw that. It really makes me wonder if they are treating F4’s differently than F1’s when running the checks.  after all, why does it take longer to process a F4 trust or 24mo than it does an F1 using the same documents for the same entity/person.
Top Top