Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 6:38:12 PM EDT
Got my second can a few weeks back. It’s a DA Mask and it’s fantastic.

It now lives on my 10/22, direct thread, and is sighted in perfectly with Norma Tac 22, which it loves.

I realize that POI is often different with and without a can, but that’s not what I’m asking  

I’m mainly curious as to whether or not you have a POI shift once the can is removed then reinstalled. Any host will also be direct thread.

Obviously I’ll have to test it for myself, which I will, but I’d like to hear some input from you guys who might already be familiar.

The correct answer, of course, is to buy more .22 suppressors, but I’d like to know what to expect between now and then.

And here’s the rig, just because:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#1]
After you zero it with your silencer. You should be able to remove the silencer and reattach it as many times as you want and it will still have your zero. Ammunition dependent of course.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If your suppressor is serviceable, and not put back together in the exact same configuration, you could have a minor shift, potentially. Otherwise, a quality suppressor torqued the same should be very repeatable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

I love this place.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dan1918A2:
Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

I love this place.
View Quote

It’s a wealth of information on just about any topic you could want!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only had POI shift with my oculus or mustangs where I took them apart, cleaned them and then reassembled in a different way (different baffle arrangment or baffle clips not the same as before).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top