Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2023 2:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dana]
I wouldnt mind having a can for some .35 cal rifles. For now it would be limited to a 16 357 maximum but might also be used on 357 mag or 35 rem lever gun with 16" or longer barrel. So nothing super high pressure. I would like to do a larger diameter short can, direct thread. Ideally about 7" long and as light as possible. I would like to use it hunting so i would only really be firing one or two shots and would like to minimize hearing damage. So I dont really want to chase making it as quiet as possible. I just want to take the edge off as much as possible.

I currently have a SilencerCo Octane 9 but have only used it with 38spl and 357 mag from my rifle. I would like to make a form 1 can that is bigger diameter and about 2-3" shorter. Also I would like to use commercially available parts as i dont have the capabilities to do real machine work. Any recommendations for commercial kits or parts?

Right now this is the configuration I have. As i siad i have only shot 38spl and 357 mag through it. But SilencerCo said it would be Ok for 357 Maximum. But i have not done it yet. Would really like to make it shorter. Just something so my ears are not ringing hunting after one shot.
Top Top