Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2024 4:29:15 PM EDT
Looking for pouch options for the rear of my plate carrier. I have a bang (roughly CTS mini size) and smoke (M18) I'd like to keep there but wasn't sure if there was a better GP style pouch option, in case I needed different items such as maybe a spare 20rd mag, small radio, or miscellaneous gear?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the small bangs usually fits in a single rifle mag pouch, and a smoke in a double. Purpose made pouches tends to be more snug and flop a bit less.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:24:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#2]
Spiritus SPUD seems to be marketed towards your desire.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:13:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sic_ness] [#3]
I find it interesting that most zip-on back panels follow a similar pattern. About three small pouches up top, and one large-ish pouch on the lower back.
Seems to be what the world has settled on, as the most useful layout?

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Having them on the bottom would make drawing long items vertically out of the pouch difficult, with the large GP pouches above them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
Having them on the bottom would make drawing long items vertically out of the pouch difficult, with the large GP pouches above them.
View Quote

yeah that makes sense, especially if the pouch was loaded. I will run a similar set up to that back panel but with a slim/flat horizontal pull IFAK on the bottom instead of GP.

Those SPUD pouches look interesting, I'll have to look into them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Spud knock off pouch, and it's great.  I've used it for an M18 smoke, two smaller Enola Gaye smokes, a pair of mags, my phone, etc.  It should fit any number of options.  I plan on replacing it with an actual Spiritus Spud soon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah the price point is a little hard to swallow for sure
Top Top