Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 1:34:40 PM EDT
Howdy,

Anyone know where to get those plastic pieces that connect the headband prongs to the earmuffs for Howard Leight Impact Sports. I have a few of these for range use and loaners. My ham-fisted brother broke one, and I'd like to replace that and get spares.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
This…

I need a new battery cover for a set I have!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen replacement parts on ebay. I found the battery covers specifically.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Propblast:
I have seen replacement parts on ebay. I found the battery covers specifically.
View Quote

I've seen those sporadically. I have no idea what the official nomenclature is, either, so searching is not the most precise task. Honeywell has yet to get back to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like these ones might work. For $20, I'll roll the dice.

Amazon Product
  • Replacement guide arms for 3M Peltor hearing protection earmuffs and Peltor Comtac communications Headsets

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up the battery covers on e-bay. There is a reason they were on e-bay.   Fit and finish was not up to retail spec. Warped and didn't quite fit right. I will say that they are better than a missing battery cover.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried Howard Leight? Back when I dealt with them they seemed fairly helpful but that was almost 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#8]
Originally Posted By scottr:
You could also buy a pair of passive muffs and rob the parts off them

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1015142738?pid=497262&srsltid=AfmBOordCvEUEHfDpixgfFmqUmkdI1M2ZfcryP0HIY3r_mddjXACwtl2Q-I
View Quote

That's route #2. I hate having more crap lying around and will try to avoid that if possible.

Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Have you tried Howard Leight? Back when I dealt with them they seemed fairly helpful but that was almost 20 years ago.
View Quote

Unless I missed something, communications are routed through Honeywell, and I haven't heard anything back from them, though it's only been a few days.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:03:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#9]
Originally Posted By lew:

www.amazon.com/dp/B07KFPGDZQ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

www.amazon.com/dp/B07KFPGDZQ

For another ~$20 you could just replace the entire headset.

Originally Posted By scottr:
You could also buy a pair of passive muffs and rob the parts off them

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1015142738?pid=497262&srsltid=AfmBOordCvEUEHfDpixgfFmqUmkdI1M2ZfcryP0HIY3r_mddjXACwtl2Q-I

That's route #2. I hate having more crap lying around and will try to avoid that if possible.

Or just throw the passives away and save $5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top