Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2024 10:57:37 AM EDT
I have an M151A2 with an M4 Pintle Mount.

Traditionally the 151 in US service only carried the M60 and occasionally the M2. The 1919 was only used very early and in Foreign service with the M151 family of jeeps.

The only reason I left the M4 Pintle mount in during the resto, is I figured someday it would be fun to shoot my OOW 1919A4 off it, albeit historically inaccurate. Generally for the IDF 1919/240 cradle and the WW2 US .30/.50 cradle are around a $1000. Little steep for just a "neat" way to dump some rounds.

Recently at a Military Vehicle Swap meet came across a fire-sale cradle ($300) and jumped on it without even thinking..... whoops its actually the latter M23 "Equibilator" cradle that is only actually for the M2 and MK19. So the 1919 only mounts in the front pins, as the "tail" doesn't have the second location for the 1919 mounting pins (where the T&E goes). Further the "equibilator" protrudes up an inch too far and would run into the charging handle.

I figured, someone has to have an adapter...I can't be the only one.. There seems to be some simple M240 adapters that might work to raise to 1919 in this cradle but not sure.

Just wondering if anyone else ever adapted a M23 cradle for a 1919? I mean guys are making them operate off Maxim mounts so its worth a shot to ask the question  

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If an M23 fits in the pintle then look for a D38579 fork for the M1919A4.  Just be careful as some of the lesser repros will break when live firing off them.

Otherwise, you could have some metal brackets fabbed up to move the 1919 up and back in the mount.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If the Pintle fits, fond of WWII 30/50

Also, The Bible helps for o
ptions

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I would definitely have to make that work.
I have a 1919 adapter to run it in a MG42 tripod with the periscope and remote trigger.
There has got to be a way to adapt yours.
I'm thinking of something like vehicle leaf spring shackles.
Or mount to a plate and mount plate to cradle.
Nice Mutt .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top