Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 7:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sirgarreth]
Hey Guys, just a quick review of my new Tikka Roughtech.
Purchased new in 308 WIN. Added a PVA Jet blast and topped it off with a Nikon FX1000 4-16x50 using Vortex pro rings on an EGW 20MOA base. I did add the YoDave trigger spring.
All in the rifle weighs 8lbs 11 ounces. Pretty much the exact weight I wanted. Not too heavy and not too light.
I was only able to get 8 shots in today, but I did get it sighted in.
At 100 yards, 1st shot was about 5 inches low and about 4 inches to the left. Adjusted the turrets. 2nd shot was dead center. I thought, wow. That saved me a bunch of ammo.
Shots 3 thru 8 went almost in the same hole. So basically 7 shots went into a 0.6" group. I was using 168GR FGMM.
Action is very nice and smooth. Stock seems plasticy, but very nice. Nothing like the Ruger American. That stock just sucks! No need to change out at all, but I probably will because I don't leave things alone. Probably a Manners.
Mag went in and locked up nice and secure.
Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. Will be taking it out and checking my other rifle loads with it to see what it will do.
Too bad they don't make these in 300PRC.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm running a VSX Superlite in 30-06.  I need to shoot it more. 7lbs 4 Oz with a Leupold 3-9x50 scope
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you mention wanting it in .300 PRC. I would’ve bought this exact rifle combination if it was made too, but passed to pick up a Bergara.

One upgrade I think looks great is the Sterk bolt handle, swept ball.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Will replace the bolt handle soon. This one works nice, but that one looks nicer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the review. I keep hemmin' and hawwin' pickin' up a new bolt action. The Tikka looks interesting.

Good choice on the Jet Blast brake. I love the ones I have. Not having to worry about precise alignment and being able to remove and reinstall it easily make it a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sirgarreth] [#5]
The PVA works pretty good. Normally I use Kahntrol, but I got the PVA to try something new.
Actually pretty happy with the Tikka. I have a few other rifles built on Big Horn Origin actions and I can tell the difference, but not much.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up a rough tech in 6.5cm! Hoping to get glass mounted and shoot it this weekend!!!
Top Top