Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 9:44:19 PM EDT
I recently picked up my Flow 762 and I'm looking forward to shooting it. But, I need to install a muzzle device on my SCAR 20 first (either brake or FH). Do I need anything else though, like a taper adapter? I've heard the 17 needs one, but I don't have much suppressor experience and don't want to bork things up. I do have an alignment rod on the way so that is covered.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#1]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
I recently picked up my Flow 762 and I'm looking forward to shooting it. But, I need to install a muzzle device on my SCAR 20 first (either brake or FH). Do I need anything else though, like a taper adapter? I've heard the 17 needs one, but I don't have much suppressor experience and don't want to bork things up. I do have an alignment rod on the way so that is covered.
View Quote

If your muzzle device indexes off the barrel shoulder, then yes you need to get a shoulder adapter from somewhere. The SCAR's barrel is so thin it basically doesn't have a shoulder after the threading, not a useable one anyway.

If the muzzle device indexes off of the muzzle face, then keep on trucking.

Most vendors make/sell a SCAR-specific muzzle device for just this reason, that indexes off of the face of the muzzle vs the thread shoulder.

Edit - this is for a SCAR 16/17 - I don't know if the 20's barrel is thicker...if it is, then disregard!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

If your muzzle device indexes off the barrel shoulder, then yes you need to get a shoulder adapter from somewhere. The SCAR's barrel is so thin it basically doesn't have a shoulder after the threading, not a useable one anyway.

If the muzzle device indexes off of the muzzle face, then keep on trucking.

Most vendors make/sell a SCAR-specific muzzle device for just this reason, that indexes off of the face of the muzzle vs the thread shoulder.

Edit - this is for a SCAR 16/17 - I don't know if the 20's barrel is thicker...if it is, then disregard!
View Quote

Yeah I believe the 20s got a “heavy” barrel that eliminated this issue.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:

Yeah I believe the 20s got a “heavy” barrel that eliminated this issue.
View Quote

Correct. Nothing special needed for the 20.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thank y'all
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Good choice in can!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dalyman72:
Good choice in can!
View Quote

Thanks, hope so

If it works well I'll likely pick up a second and maybe a Ventus.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Suppressed SCAR 20 is best SCAR 20 (soon to be replaced by even better cut down to 16” suppressed SCAR 20)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top