Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 8:14:22 AM EDT
Can just came in for the Akv and looking for 9mm subs.

What is good cheap plinking stuff vs some hollow point for a rainy day?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ammoseek.com

Go there and look for best deal on 147gr fmj ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Been using American Eagle 147gr FMJ for my subsonic PCC round and haven't had any issues.

Thinking of using Speer G2 Gold Dot in 147.  Not sure how I feel about the elastomer filling.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chowser:
Thinking of using Speer G2 Gold Dot in 147.  Not sure how I feel about the elastomer filling.  
View Quote

Have they changed the design and gone to an elastomer plug like the Critical Duty/Defense? Their site isn't showing a change...

https://www.speer.com/performance/gold-dot-performance.html
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

Have they changed the design and gone to an elastomer plug like the Critical Duty/Defense? Their site isn't showing a change...

https://www.speer.com/performance/gold-dot-performance.html
View Quote

The g2 is different.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#5]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:

The g2 is different.
View Quote

Ah, gotcha...I haven't cycled through all my older GD, haven't even paid attention to (or remembered there was) the G2.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The G2 has the elastomer in the tip.  I tried ordering some of the new Ranger with the elastomer too but it was backordered
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#7]
Early on, the AKVs had issues with flat point ammo.  That would be a large percentage of commercial subsonic stuff.
No clue if that's still the case.  Not all flat point ammo is shaped the same.  Some of it has a smaller flat portion and some of it is shaped more like a wadcutter or 9mm beer can.  The less big around the flat point is, the better if feeds in the AKVs.

Mine is a very early AKV and does choke on flat pointed ammo.  It has no issues with round nose 147, 158, and 165gr.  I load my own 147 round nose plinking rounds for cheap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#8]
I can concur what giantpune said about certain AKVs not liking certain flat nose ammo. Mine seemed to like the Lawman 147gr but not other flat nose ammo. I usually run Freedom Munitions round nose 147gr in my AKV and other PPCs that don't like flat nose ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top