Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 8:14:22 AM EDT
Can just came in for the Akv and looking for 9mm subs.

What is good cheap plinking stuff vs some hollow point for a rainy day?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ammoseek.com

Go there and look for best deal on 147gr fmj ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Been using American Eagle 147gr FMJ for my subsonic PCC round and haven't had any issues.

Thinking of using Speer G2 Gold Dot in 147.  Not sure how I feel about the elastomer filling.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chowser:
Thinking of using Speer G2 Gold Dot in 147.  Not sure how I feel about the elastomer filling.  
View Quote

Have they changed the design and gone to an elastomer plug like the Critical Duty/Defense? Their site isn't showing a change...

https://www.speer.com/performance/gold-dot-performance.html
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

Have they changed the design and gone to an elastomer plug like the Critical Duty/Defense? Their site isn't showing a change...

https://www.speer.com/performance/gold-dot-performance.html
View Quote

The g2 is different.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#5]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:

The g2 is different.
View Quote

Ah, gotcha...I haven't cycled through all my older GD, haven't even paid attention to (or remembered there was) the G2.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The G2 has the elastomer in the tip.  I tried ordering some of the new Ranger with the elastomer too but it was backordered
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#7]
Early on, the AKVs had issues with flat point ammo.  That would be a large percentage of commercial subsonic stuff.
No clue if that's still the case.  Not all flat point ammo is shaped the same.  Some of it has a smaller flat portion and some of it is shaped more like a wadcutter or 9mm beer can.  The less big around the flat point is, the better if feeds in the AKVs.

Mine is a very early AKV and does choke on flat pointed ammo.  It has no issues with round nose 147, 158, and 165gr.  I load my own 147 round nose plinking rounds for cheap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#8]
I can concur what giantpune said about certain AKVs not liking certain flat nose ammo. Mine seemed to like the Lawman 147gr but not other flat nose ammo. I usually run Freedom Munitions round nose 147gr in my AKV and other PPCs that don't like flat nose ammo.
Top Top