Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2023 1:31:18 PM EDT
Hello everyone!

I'm in the proses of getting back into guns and wanted to get into some competitive shooting. I was looking into 3gun but I am unsure about some things.

1) If you can't have a threaded barrel on a handgun in CT how do you add a compensator to it?

2) AR15 seems to be the rifle of choice. So if you have to pin the mag in order to get a pistol grip or use a fin grip (I think that's what its called). Which one is right and why. Or are there other options?

If 3 gun is not an option in CT what is and where would I go to check it out?

Thanks for any and all help given.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Old thread but here are some ideas:
Northeast Shooters is a pretty good resource for all types of competitions.
There are some 2-gun, but most matches are PCC since you can buy
something like a Ruger PC Carbine (with the right stock) legally in CT.
Go to Practiscore and search for matches there by location.
I would start with a club level IDPA or USPSA match.
I shoot IDPA locally at Sprague Rod & Gun (search SRG in Practiscore).
--- 1) If you can't have a threaded barrel on a handgun in CT how do you add a compensator to it?
Comps (any muzzle device) on pistols - not positive but I think they are legal if pinned which can be done by a gunsmith or you by them with a permanent.
--- 2) AR15 seems to be the rifle of choice. So, if you have to pin the mag in order
to get a pistol grip or use a fin grip (I think that's what it’s called). Which one is right and why. Or are there other options?
If you don't already have one Grandfathered/registered you're toast. I think the only option is a non-pistol grip type which pretty much leaves you with a Ruger PCC in CT.
--- If 3 gun is not an option in CT what is and where would I go to check it out?
Like I said, search Practiscore on Northeast Shooters.
SIG Academy in Epping NH runs some 2-gun/PCC 2-guns.
Good luck.
NEShooters
Practiscore
Top Top