Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2024 2:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner]
So I just said screw it and ordered 4 watches I've been wanting. I can't wait until they come in and I can review them and post them on WOTD.

What do y'all think?
All automatic, Sapphire (not sure of the Citizen is Sapphire), but I've wanted a Citizen diver for a long ass time, and this is the model I finally chose.

I've been through a lot of shit lately, and wanted to buy myself something. Plus I've been sober like 72 days, so that's alot of money saved

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Bottom two Islander?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CopyRepairMan007:
Nice! Bottom two Islander?
View Quote
The islanders I wanted were OOS, so I just found some inexpensive ones on EBay that had the exact same specs (probably same watch) with great reviews. They won't be daily beat up watches, so whatever. I like the way they look. I was definitely interested in islander though.

I'm stoked about the Hamilton and Citizen. The flieger watches were just a treat on top of a treat
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! Please post reviews of the Hamilton. I’ve recently reached a milestone at work and I’d like to reward myself with a new watch and this one was on the very short list.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Grindel3710:
Nice! Please post reviews of the Hamilton. I've recently reached a milestone at work and I'd like to reward myself with a new watch and this one was on the very short list.
View Quote
Absolutely,  And congrats on your milestone! When I first saw the Hamilton, I knew i was going to buy it. The metalic blue on the hands and around the indices really looks awesome in person, and the lume is blue like an Omega Seamaster. Kind of my compromise on a white dial seamaster for the moment. I'm stoked about it and will certainly give my thoughts once I get it and wear it a bit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 94TBlazer] [#5]
Want my thoughts on the Hammi?

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Great picks. You cant really go wrong with Hamilton or Citizen promaster, big fan of both.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Highs:  Movement is great - keeps time very well, great reserve.  Love the lume.

Lows:  The clasp is junk.  I also have an older Khaki Field on a bracelet.  The amount of force required to get the scuba to latch is way higher than my old field, and it shouldn't be.  Also, there's not enough micro adjustments at only two.  The rotating bezel will develop a hard spot that comes & goes and has too much slop.

I bought the scuba for around $700 on a sale.  At that price I can live with its flaws without regret - but I'm underwhelmed with this Hamilton offering.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 94TBlazer:
Highs:  Movement is great - keeps time very well, great reserve.  Love the lume.

Lows:  The clasp is junk.  I also have an older Khaki Field on a bracelet.  The amount of force required to get the scuba to latch is way higher than my old field, and it shouldn't be.  Also, there's not enough micro adjustments at only two.  The rotating bezel will develop a hard spot that comes & goes and has too much slop.

I bought the scuba for around $700 on a sale.  At that price I can live with its flaws without regret - but I'm underwhelmed with this Hamilton offering.
View Quote

Thank you! I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 94TBlazer:

View Quote

Thanks, like you, I paid $769 and not full retail. I think it's a great looking watch, and I can probably live with the hard to grip Bezel. It will not be pulling any actual scuba duty, but it will certainly get in the water. I really hope I like it....if not, I'll get a Sangin Atlas. I really like the engine in this thing though. My buddy has one and it keeps crazy good time with an awesome power reserve. I think it's a fun watch. Great for the beach and looks good in a dressier sense.

Does the lume last a good while? From what I've seen, it is thick and glows well for quite awhile.

Thanks again for the review. I will give a review after a month or so.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Duuuuuuude I have that Promaster! NY0085 iirc.

I find myself wearing it most these days. Nice choices, and stick with the sobriety. No doubt you already realizing the benefits.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#12]
That Khaki Navy Scuba is just amazing looking. I'm seriously considering picking one up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:

I find myself wearing it most these days. Nice choices, and stick with the sobriety. No doubt you already realizing the benefits.
View Quote
I ordered a nato for it as well. I think this one is going to work nicely.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Grindel3710:
Nice! Please post reviews of the Hamilton. I've recently reached a milestone at work and I'd like to reward myself with a new watch and this one was on the very short list.
View Quote
Milestone: retirement.  I bought an Invicta that people think is a Rolex from a few feet away.  I am good with that.  I also bought a Casio dive watch.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#15]
The first one arrived today!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The Citizen is coming Friday, it looks like.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#16]
NICE! That looks sharp.

And even moreso… kudos to you on sobriety! Solid reason to celebrate.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#17]

I think I found my next watch. I really like it.

I have a Citizen Promaster Dive, but it's not an automatic. Have had it for a few weeks now and have no complaints.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Milestone: retirement.  I bought an Invicta that people think is a Rolex from a few feet away.  I am good with that.  I also bought a Casio dive watch.  

View Quote

Congratulations on retirement! I still have a long time to hit that milestone
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Love Hammi Scubas.  I have a blue and orange that is just plain awesome.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By acegunner:
Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:

I ordered a nato for it as well. I think this one is going to work nicely.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/Screenshot_20240513_181235_jpg-3214158.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20240513_182035_jpg-3214159.JPG

Brilliant! Well done, sir!
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice! I love B-Uhr dials.

Can't swing the coin for a Laco though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#23]
That particular Citizen isn't sapphire, but they are a tool watch. Mineral glass scratches, but doesn't shatter like sapphire, making it more useful in harsh environments.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#25]
The Flieger watches came today. 39mm full lume and 42mm black.
The black had a polished bezel and lugs and I didn't like it at all. About 20 or 30 seconds with a scotchbrite pad fixed that way too easily! As an aside that, keep your polished watches away from scotchbrite pads!

Attachment Attached File

Original polished

Attachment Attached File

A few minutes with a scotchbrite pad....MUCH better!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Today 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Noce !! I really like the hamilton .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top