Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 7:48:25 PM EDT
Anyone get an email from Fidelity trying to put the kabash on Vanguard? VTI is my favorite ETF so I guess I'm screwed with my 401 through my employer if I want to buy anymore after June.
It makes me wonder if Fidelity is hurting, needing those fees?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I got it as well. My 401k is Fidelity. I got it because I have a BrokerageLink account, so I could buy ETFs if I wanted. I have one Vanguard Mutual fund in my Brokerage link and I do remember having to pay the $75 when I bought it.

I can still buy Vanguard mutual funds that are offered on the regular mutual fund menu through the 401k itself with no fees. I assume they're trying to minimize Vanguard purchases wherever they can and redirect to their own similar MFs and ETFs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I got no such email and have many fidelity accounts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they're charging fees on ETFs that don't or won't pay Fidelity themselves, so they're passing it on to their own customers.  That is if I'm reading correctly.  Here's the full list as of now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheGoon:
Anyone get an email from Fidelity trying to put the kabash on Vanguard? VTI is my favorite ETF so I guess I'm screwed with my 401 through my employer if I want to buy anymore after June.
View Quote

fee details?  I don't hold non fidelity funds, but my wife does in her Roth
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My 401k is stuck in Fidelity for a few more months.  Luckily, it is a small part of my portfolio.  I am not a Fidelity fan.

I have 1/4 of my HSA in VFAIX.  I didn't receive any notice, and the fuckers bang my work email almost daily.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
My 401k is stuck in Fidelity for a few more months.  Luckily, it is a small part of my portfolio.  I am not a Fidelity fan.

I have 1/4 of my HSA in VFAIX.  I didn't receive any notice, and the fuckers bang my work email almost daily.
View Quote

Why not a fan of Fidelity?  What specifically do you not like about them?  I have had accounts at many brokerages over the years, and like Fidelty the most.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheGoon:
View Quote

I think you might need to read it more.  The only new fees I am aware of are a bunch of small timer ETF's, and then funds where Fidelity has an identical offering.  For instance, I cannot buy VTSAX without fees because of FSKAX, but I can buy VTI (which I prefer anyway) without fees.  That is not changing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Why not a fan of Fidelity?  What specifically do you not like about them?  I have had accounts at many brokerages over the years, and like Fidelty the most.
View Quote

Schwab has better visibility and flexibility in my opinion. Everything about their web engine is better than Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, and Morgan Stanley. Nationwide sucks too, but I have a large chunk in one of their products.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Schwab has better visibility and flexibility in my opinion. Everything about their web engine is better than Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, and Morgan Stanley. Nationwide sucks too, but I have a large chunk in one of their products.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Checked out the new Schwab fee page lately?

I have ADR's from a previous employer as stock options. I'm now hit with a $15 'fee' every time I collect a dividend check from them. Yay!

VanGuard has changed charges as well. Don't ask me how I know.

Current work just switched from Fidelity to TIAA. Let me tell you about a long drawn out 'fee' page brother.

I think you'll find most brokerages are discovering that giving away the store isn't made up by volume alone. I'd expect buy/sell fees (although nothing extravagant at least not at first) to make a come back shortly.

We're not in a ZIRP world anymore and profit margins must be maintained!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably vanguards fault. Vanguard is going to start charging their customers all sorts of fees including closing accounts from what I read
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sharky30:
Probably vanguards fault. Vanguard is going to start charging their customers all sorts of fees including closing accounts from what I read
View Quote
Vanguard's philosophy and emphasis on investors has fallen greatly since the retirement and passing of John Bogle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Sartorius:
Vanguard's philosophy and emphasis on investors has fallen greatly since the retirement and passing of John Bogle.
View Quote

This. And their GUI is the worst.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top