Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2022 8:14:31 PM EDT
I’ve been using shaving soaps for the past 11 or 12 years and decided to try something new. I picked up some Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor scented shaving cream. This morning was my first shave with it.

It didn’t take much to get a good lather - and it lathered up fast! It had a good consistency and was decently slick. But as soon as the lather was removed, a subsequent pass of the razor was met with some friction. Luckily I had plenty of lather on my brush so I made sure to just go over my skin once then brushed on a bit more where I needed another swipe of the razor. The scent is nice and manly smelling. Strong but not over powering. I didn’t apply any aftershave lotion and the scent stuck around for an hour or more. My skin never dried out. All in all I’m pleased with it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SDGlock23] [#1]
I've got some TOBS, well two at the moment, sandalwood and also peppermint, which is my favorite.  I was just thinking earlier I need to try a few more flavors.  With both I dont even have to use aftershave lotion.  Just ordered some Eton College to try it out
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t remember what website but there’s a nice sample pack online where you can try like 15 different scents they have
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Germanshepherd354:
I don’t remember what website but there’s a nice sample pack online where you can try like 15 different scents they have
View Quote

That would be pretty sweet. I want to try more of their scents but it’s difficult to decide when I’ve never smelled them. Certain smells give me headaches so I’d hate to drop $20+ on some shaving stuff I couldn’t use. I took a gamble with the Mr Taylor scent and it paid off but a sample pack would be great.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using TOBS for years, fantastic stuff.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks, I’ll order one of those the next time I’m putting together an order of shaving supplies.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like their shaving cream.  Coconut is my favorite, but that's the only scent that I've tried.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm about to run out of sandalwood and will probably get more but I have a million others I should get through.  Since I started having a beard I shave way less and don't use it up very quickly and soaps last forever anyway.  

I live close enough to Maggard's that I can go a couple times per year and actually smell everything.
Top Top