Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 10:13:40 AM EDT
https://www.legislature.mi.gov/Bills/Bill?ObjectName=2024-SB-0858

Revokes the exemption for carry at any place with a liquior license, banks and theaters (under 2500), and capitol buildings.

GOA has a form up to contact your Rep HERE
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for putting this out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Submitted the form. Had to tweak it because she is my rep.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I filled it out. Only 448 people have so far.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
These bills will harm concealed carry in a big way. We should be spamming these worthless cunts in lansing over this. Their phones should never stop ringing, and their inbox should be full every day.

I don't understand why we can't seem to get any traction on this even on a gun board.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Tried to submit, but got this and it hung for 10+mins before I moved off the site:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Submitted. Ty
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Interestingly enough off duty carry for LE is a no go at the capital.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO, nobody but armed LEO's on duty should be carrying on Capital grounds. It only takes one nut under the cover of law to trigger gun control legislation that would make everything up to now look like child's play.

Terrified politicians rarely make good decisions, they rarely make good decisions when emotionally stable.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
IMO, nobody but armed LEO's on duty should be carrying on Capital grounds. It only takes one nut under the cover of law to trigger gun control legislation that would make everything up to now look like child's play.

Terrified politicians rarely make good decisions, they rarely make good decisions when emotionally stable.
View Quote

I don’t disagree with you on any of this.

I’d understand it more if the politicians would not have exempted themselves in the process.

The armed rally at the capital showed everyone that certain individuals thought they “won” by their actions. When in reality ground was lost concerning gun rights.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I love how LEO think they’re special. You’re not.

Attitudes like this are why we lost, and will continue to lose. You’re giving leftist gun grabbers cover to eat away at our rights.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DB0351:

Attitudes like this are why we lost, and will continue to lose. You’re giving leftist gun grabbers cover to eat away at our rights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

In this scenario I have to disagree with you.

No carry even for off duty helps prevent a blue on blue situation.

Uniformed on duty may carry - which is my understanding- and would make sense.

The thing is nothing positive came out of the open carry rally that went on during COVID.

Yes people were upset but understand the opposition was looking for every excuse to paint is as gun toting lunatics.

It made for good press, an effective smear campaign was run, and ground was lost.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

That dude is not leo. He is the next Jeremy Dewitte wannabe.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DTFD714:

The thing is nothing positive came out of the open carry rally that went on during COVID.

Yes people were upset but understand the opposition was looking for every excuse to paint is as gun toting lunatics.

It made for good press, an effective smear campaign was run, and ground was lost.

View All Quotes

So how is supporting a left wing gun grab on a gun website helping?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

I’m not certain where I supported a left wing gun grab?

If the facts of the rally incident supposedly support it then so be it I guess.

Keep in mind all off duty LE is barred from carrying in the capital. I disagree with the politicians carrying themselves but I’m not the one writing the rules. LE doesn’t get a special carve out here.

As I said earlier. Ground was lost. I don’t care what angle anyone looks at it as, this is a fact.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Keep in mind all off duty LE is barred from carrying in the capital. I disagree with the politicians carrying themselves but I’m not the one writing the rules. LE doesn’t get a special carve out here.

As I said earlier. Ground was lost. I don’t care what angle anyone looks at it as, this is a fact.
View All Quotes

Have you written or called your state reps and senators to urge them to oppose the bill in the OP? If so carry on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top