Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2022 8:00:39 PM EDT
Will be 308, suppressed. Would have to chop and thread the tikka. Hunting in Texas, deer and hogs. Just checked out both and can’t decide
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:49:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#1]
Hard choice between the two.  I have owned a Tikka and a couple Bergaras and I honestly prefer the Bergara rifles.  Tikkas have smoother actions, but the Bergara action is still pretty damn smooth.  In terms of quality and feel I think the Bergaras are nicer - they have more metal on them and the factory stocks are nicer.  Accuracy is a toss-up.  My Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor was a 3/4 MOA gun.  My uncle has a T3X CTR in 308 and I only shot it at 200 yards but I was getting 1" groups with it at 200, so it was shooting 1/2 MOA.  Both of my Bergaras (B14 HMR) were half MOA guns.  My brother in law just bought a B14 Ridge in 450 Bushmaster and I helped him sight it in at 100 yards and I was getting 1/2 MOA groups with that as well.

That is my experience with Tikkas and Bergaras.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both a Bergara B14 Ridge and a Tikka T3 lite and find both to fantastic hunting rigs. Accuracy wise, they're pretty neck to neck. As long as I do my part 1/2 moa at a 100 yards all day long. With that said I'm not a hand loader and only shoot factory loads. It took a while for me to find a load that would produce the groups that I was wanting out of the Tikka. Granted it's chambered in 7mm-08 and at the time there wasn't a lot of information out on the caliber. Personally I found the Tikka was harder to feed just because it was a picky eater, and well the Bergara wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frtless] [#3]
This.  Bergera makea a damn fine rifle.  Its what Remington should be.

Stocks are top rate.  Much better than the  Tika stock in my opinion

I have a wilderness ridge in 308.  It is suppressed as well.   By far the most accurate rifle i own.   I think it is the most accurate i have ever owned in my 55 yrs.

It is an honest .5 moa rifle.   Well, when I do my part.   Which is not as consistant as I want.
Top Top