Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 12:20:31 AM EDT
Anyone have any good information on loading data for the 6mm/223 6x45 cartridge? I just put a Remage together with a Shilen 24” 8 twist barrel. I have 70 to 85 gr bullets and would like to stay in that range. Have found data but would like to know what powders worked best for you. TIA
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Use magnum primers.

24.0 grains of most medium-burning rifle powders should do well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
www.accurateshooter.com forums will get you more responses.

Sorry, I don't know how to make it hot.

1:8 twist is faster than needed but should shoot fine anyway.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
https://forum.nosler.com/threads/6x45-quickload.39147/

Here is a string that shows the rough idea of the 6-223 or 6x45 where some QL data is shared.

You get a rough idea of the pressure and velocity for a 105 grain HPBT style bullet and how the trade looks when you neck that cartridge up and put a heavier bullet on top. It works but it isn’t for everyone. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Longguns:
Anyone have any good information on loading data for the 6mm/223 6x45 cartridge? I just put a Remage together with a Shilen 24” 8 twist barrel. I have 70 to 85 gr bullets and would like to stay in that range. Have found data but would like to know what powders worked best for you. TIA
View Quote

I have a PDF with a bunch of 6x45 load data.  PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

6x45 is a great cartridge that I've played with several times over the years.  I never understood why it wasn't more popular than it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top