Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2022 11:08:29 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can find info on the original SSA 6.8 SPC 110 SPH?

My google-fu is pretty weak on this one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a good forum dedicated to the 68, not sure if they can be linked thanks to an affiliate of theirs.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#2]
You looking for the Tactical load?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 2:22:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mi650] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By esa17:
There is a good forum dedicated to the 68, not sure if they can be linked thanks to an affiliate of theirs.
View Quote

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I tried there.  Didn't find anything.

I joined that site years ago when I was researching 6.8.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JohnClarkUSN:
You looking for the Tactical load?
View Quote

It's a hunting load, afaik.  Could be tactical, depending on what you're hunting.  

I'm not looking for it really.  I have a potential buyer for my upper on another site, and I'm trying to figure out a fair price for the ammo to go with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just sell the ammo for $1.50 a round and be done with it. Yes, that old SSA stuff is loaded hot for SPC II, but it's also old and you CAN get loaded SPC II ammo again: here . Save yourself the hassle and be grateful for a willing buyer.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stooxie:
Just sell the ammo for $1.50 a round and be done with it. Yes, that old SSA stuff is loaded hot for SPC II, but it's also old and you CAN get loaded SPC II ammo again: here . Save yourself the hassle and be grateful for a willing buyer.

-Stooxie
View Quote

Yea, maybe you're right.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:41:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#8]

All out of stock/discontinued.
Plenty of factory options from Hornady, Remington, Wilson Combat, just not old school SSA tactical load hot.
Doubletap has some warm loads but they've jerked me around too much to try buying direct from them again...

I've still got about half a can of mixed good stuff from the original SSA before they were bought out and neutered by Nosler.

I've killed plenty of things with factory Hornady 120gr SST...
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mi650:

It's a hunting load, afaik.  Could be tactical, depending on what you're hunting.  

I'm not looking for it really.  I have a potential buyer for my upper on another site, and I'm trying to figure out a fair price for the ammo to go with it.
View Quote

SSA were originally loaded in two levels because of the Remington chamber fiasco.
Standard and Tactical.

The Tactical level loads required an SPCII or DMR chamber and rifling no tighter than 1/10.  They produced better performance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

All out of stock/discontinued.
Plenty of factory options from Hornady, Remington, Wilson Combat, just not old school SSA tactical load hot.
Doubletap has some warm loads but they've jerked me around too much to try buying direct from them again...

I've still got about half a can of mixed good stuff from the original SSA before they were bought out and neutered by Nosler.

I've killed plenty of things with factory Hornady 120gr SST...
View Quote

Of course it's out of stock, it hasn't been sold in almost 10 years . I posted because it still shows the specs, which the OP was asking for.

You're totally right about current factory options. They all do a great job, and some are still pretty hot. I use XM68GD (equiv to Fed Fusion 90gr). Dead deer every time.

-Stooxie

Top Top