Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2023 9:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A03]
Defensive Carbine I Course AAR:

I recently attended a carbine course (Defensive Carbine I) with GreenOps this past weekend (06/24/23) in Culpepper, Va and want to share some insight on my experience.

For context this was my first carbine course and it covered a lot. The class is a full 8 hour day and I felt the time was maximized very well.

The equipment I used was a carbine with red dot, sling, mag pouches, and shot over 250 rounds of 55gr 223 ammo. I had a basic understanding of using this equipment but after the course I feel a lot more competent in properly handling and maintaining this gear.

The class begins with a rundown of the safety protocol and ensuring our rifles were setup/zeroed correctly. Following that we got an intro on some key actions to improve our shooting ability.

The rest of the class had a mix of drills and competition drills. The drills had a great progression from fundamentals to more advanced positions. We worked from various shooting positions and weapon manipulation and reloads. Also worked with barricades and switching sides.

The instructor would provide a demo and then we would do live fire drills. The instructors were very knowledgeable and communicated everything clearly, they also balanced the class well and provided support when needed.

I like how we got a lot of time to do drills and the variety of shooting paper, steel, and barricade training. Definitely feel a lot more competent from everything I learned and can continue to work on.Overall I highly recommend to anyone considering taking a course!

Link:

https://www.green-ops.com/defensive-carbine-class-i-8-hrs
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review! Great having you in class and we will see you at the next one!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Hope to read more about your shooting journey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top