Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:

In for the pics!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1BMF:

Just got her home 1,000 miles. The most shocking thing was averaging 29mpg on the highway. I stayed in the right lane doing 55-65 for the break in.

In for the pics!

Here ya go, at the dealership after getting detailed. She’s at home now but I’m out of the country for work. Will get her washed and I’ve got some ceramic wax I’ve been meaning to use. Nothing crazy just the maguires one, going to test it out on another car first.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Here ya go, at the dealership after getting detailed. She’s at home now but I’m out of the country for work. Will get her washed and I’ve got some ceramic wax I’ve been meaning to use. Nothing crazy just the maguires one, going to test it out on another car first.

https://i.postimg.cc/XqP2NWYH/IMG-4877.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/BZ77BTBT/IMG-4876.jpg
View Quote

noice!  be sure to get those spoiler guards off, they cause damage under real world driving.  Dirt and debris get under them and rub on the spoiler.

Pretty amazing the gas mileage these things can get when you're taking it easy.  I really only use the street setting when on long road trips, typically I'm in custom mode (suspension street, steering sport, traction sport, transmission track).

Quick tip - press the Mode button twice and the car will go into your Custom setting.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1BMF] [#4]
All good info, thanks guys. I really haven’t driven it since I got it home as I had to go to work. My wife has been bugging me to pull off the yellow guards and it looks like it’s only a small clip in there holding it on so those will come off.

Honestly it’s a huge step up in tech for me so I’ve got a lot of learning to do.

My plan was to make it my daily driver and sell my old one. Wife saw it and thinks it’s too nice for that and is having me keep my old car for work so this will stay low miles and clean.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up doing the same.  Kind of decided, for now anyway, that i like having a garage car so I bought a GTI for a daily and the Challenger doesnt go out in the rain unless I get caught during a road trip.

When those shit pirelli's wear down to nothing in under 10k miles, get some Michelin's on there.  I was shocked how bad those tires were and how much better the Michelins perform.  I have the 305s and the OEMs tramlined something fierce.  The Michelins dont do it somehow.

Look into a catch can if you're going to keep the car for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]

...and also please consider blipping and force flooring take-offs when already at highway speed (with traction in street)...
View Quote

What does this mean? Are you just saying to floor it at highway speeds?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
@1BMF if your black Chally is the same color code as our 23 Durango, you'll notice there is a TON of beautiful flake kinda "hidden" in the paint, that at certain limited angles will really pop beautifully. I kept telling my wife about it, and she didn't believe me until yesterday when we were out and about in the sun, and she outta blue said "damn!, you are right, it's a gorgeous subdued black color".  
View Quote

I’ll have to take a look! I noticed my neighbor jeep Cherokee is like that, though. The official name is Pitch Black.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I suspect they are the same, knowing Stellantis, but I don't know for sure. Anyhoo, I was just putting some of the Chemical Guys ceramic whatever deatailer on it, and it's a kinda complex unusual color - I really could not see much of it until I shined it with the detailer, and then POP it's there sparkling deep underneath.
View All Quotes

I'll have to take a look! I noticed my neighbor jeep Cherokee is like that, though. The official name is Pitch Black.
I suspect they are the same, knowing Stellantis, but I don't know for sure. Anyhoo, I was just putting some of the Chemical Guys ceramic whatever deatailer on it, and it's a kinda complex unusual color - I really could not see much of it until I shined it with the detailer, and then POP it's there sparkling deep underneath.
The Durango is Diamond Black, I believe.  Pitch Black doesn't have any flake.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah, you are correct Sir! I can't find the sticker, but I just looked on the site for the 23s, and yes. Diamond Black is the one black color offered.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
The Durango is Diamond Black, I believe.  Pitch Black doesn't have any flake.
Ah, you are correct Sir! I can't find the sticker, but I just looked on the site for the 23s, and yes. Diamond Black is the one black color offered.
It's a crazy flake.  A buddy has a Ram 1500 with that paint and when you shine your headlights across it you'd think you're looking up at a starry night sky.  Pretty wild.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
There are a lot of cool colors out there these days and most mfgs seem to have good ones.  There is a red Mazda in my neighborhood that really pops, just a cool color.  I think it's called soul red crystal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#16]
m
I was gonna post pics of her shiny super crazy, but decided to keep that stuff over on the Durango boards, as I feel it's kinda off point here. But I'm loving this thread you created - makes me smile and often learn every time I visit.
View Quote

Hey man, i dont mind the sharing!  Durango still has that hemi, that's what we're all here for!
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]
so many Challengers/Chargers in my area.  Not sure if I've shared this one, figured I'd post to keep the thread going.

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 12:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#19]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Got my 6mo/6k mile oil change coming up for the 6.4. I kinda wish they stipulated something like the earlier of one year or 6K miles - I just don't really know if modern premium synthetics are gonna actually degrade in six months when not driven too much - but it is what it is. And yes, I know I could do it myself, but we've decided to get all the changes documented at the dealer while it is under MaximumCare. And I am thankful to have this first world problem.
View Quote

Agree, 6 months seems so aggressive.  Regular users that's in the industry (Foxtrot08 I think) agreed when asked, 6 months is silly.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#22]
I agree too. The only thing i can imagine is, since these vehicles have settings and directions for actual track use, maybe there is some smidgeon of reality in say, if 500 or 1K mile of heavy serious track use was done, and then it was parked, maybe the oil might actually be degraded more than imagined. But I agree it's crazy. I guess on the upside, having someone go over it twice a year while under warranty to spot any potential issues is not entirely bad.
View Quote

Youre probably right on the track part.  And the oil changes arent that bad.  I pay the same for this car as I do my others honestly.  The MOPAR deal they run nets me out at like $80 for an oil change with tire rotation.  that ain't bad AND I do like to make sure the tires get rotated considering the torque in these cars.

ETA - GD gets to pick on me twice now too.  I'm ghetto for driving the Scat Pack AND I'm gay b/c of the new pellet smoker that just got dropped off!

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak-Smith] [#24]
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
Well the driveshaft carrier bearing ate itself on my Scatpack.  Mileage on the car was about 1050 (yes, 1050 miles) when this happened.  I had been having some intermittent vibration, but nothing crazy, just "rumbly."   Pulling into my driveway and a definite scraping noise started.    I'm used to replacing these on my 2500 about every 60k miles.   Didn't think it would ever be an issue on a car, but apparently the stock parts are junk because lots of reports of this on the Challenger forums.   Dodge's solution is to replace the driveshaft with its integral carrier bearing.  That's dumb, and I wasn't going to just wait for a crap part to fail again.

I had my local performance shop do this instead:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/73750309872__952F912A-59B6-4E19-93AF-705-3231512.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/73750614090__4F2F6F33-8C9C-476C-BC6F-AE1-3231513.jpg
Ride is super smooth now.

And we put a catch can in at the same time,
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30014/73756582339__E4B2FDCA-B1F3-4BC2-8B1D-107-3231514.jpg

View Quote

Shit, didnt know this was a thing.  Glad you got it sorted out, hopefully it wasn't that expensive.

Looks like JXB Performance part, how was labor?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been lucky perhaps, dunno.  Mine only has 13k on it but it's been flawless. Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#28]
As a daily, luckily mine are just chips and the one cracked windshield. Passed 30k just recently.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Lordy if I had a ten car garage and the money to stack em - leftover 23 new Sublime Charger WB SP, listed as 6K off sticker.  

linky sublime Charger WB SP
View Quote

love that color but looks better on the Challenger IMO.

I have been having a little color regret lately, kind of wish I had something different than hellraisin.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I just had a choice between white or grey when they came in on the truck, when we got our wide body, but if I had had the patience to order one, I think it would have been in hellraisin.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

love that color but looks better on the Challenger IMO.

I have been having a little color regret lately, kind of wish I had something different than hellraisin.
I just had a choice between white or grey when they came in on the truck, when we got our wide body, but if I had had the patience to order one, I think it would have been in hellraisin.

okay now I feel bad lol.  I love the color, I've said before it reminds me of Plum Mist, which was the color of a 67 GTO in the family.  But in modern world, I sort of want something different.  Something a bit less flashy would appeal to me, I'm not really flashy in my things and this car color deviates (username check out?).
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Page / 47
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top