Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2024 10:19:17 PM EDT
I've never heard of these guys but a friend just sent me these screenshots from their social media

Integrally suppressed 1 stamp gun in 8.6 and 300 black out. Very interesting...anyone heard of these guys or this project?

I've been wondering what happened to Slagga MFG and a couple other domestic Vintorez clones and had been thinking the VSS market was dead, but maybe these guys will be able to get this to market

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be cool as hell to own
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
8.6 is going to be very close to 9x39, and I'd be down like a clown. I've been wanting to try it because of the 1/3 twist and sub moa subsonic claims, but there aren't really any rifles in 8.6 yet that interest me

But now this thing suddenly pops up and I'm like ohhhhhh heck yeah
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes plz
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
300BO conversion is smart.  That would be a pretty damn cool gun too.

It sounds very limited and very expensive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
insert IN gif
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#6]
That came into my feed yesterday also. I haven't been interested in any new guns recently but I'd buy one of these.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes! this is amazing
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Isn’t the 8.6 a .308-length cartridge?  How would that work in the VSS receiver unless they’re building a stretched one?

I want to believe (I mean, check the avatar!) but so far we’re batting .000 for these clones.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately if that BSD dude is involved I'm not interested.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
Unfortunately if that BSD dude is involved I'm not interested.
View Quote
expand on this please.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:29:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#11]
Originally Posted By nictra:
expand on this please.
View Quote

Yeah I guess I should, lol. My personal interactions with him have been poor as he definitely comes off as a "my shit doesn't stink and I'm better than you" douchebag. He got into it with ECCO Machine saying he (ECCO) copied his SF hub adapter and that he sucks as a machinist/welder. ECCO called him out saying he's been making them longer than BSD and he just doubled down. Despite him (BSD) having a good history of pretty bad machine work in the past. His early machined threads were horrible. But he now has a CNC mill and lathe so I think that's not as much of an issue anymore.

He has a history of meth use (by his own admission), but that was over 10 years ago if he's been clean since then. However, that destroys a lot of trust I could put into a business venture/support for him purely from a financial/investment aspect.

I will give him credit that he's willing to take on unique builds/ideas when a lot of other people wouldn't.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Yeah I guess I should, lol. My personal interactions with him have been poor as he definitely comes off as a "my shit doesn't stink and I'm better than you" douchebag. He got into it with ECCO Machine saying he (ECCO) copied his SF hub adapter and that he sucks as a machinist/welder. ECCO called him out saying he's been making them longer than BSD and he just doubled down. Despite him (BSD) having a good history of pretty bad machine work in the past. His early machined threads were horrible. But he now has a CNC mill and lathe so I think that's not as much of an issue anymore.

He has a history of meth use (by his own admission), but that was over 10 years ago if he's been clean since then. However, that destroys a lot of trust I could put into a business venture/support for him purely from a financial/investment aspect.

I will give him credit that he's willing to take on unique builds/ideas when a lot of other people wouldn't.
View Quote
yeah, saw the thread on this rifle on the other board and all they had to say about him after I posted for clarity.

I concur, he is not be the one to trust with my $.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
300BO conversion is smart.  That would be a pretty damn cool gun too.

It sounds very limited and very expensive.
View Quote

Yeah, my poor self might only be able to list after one
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
expand on this please.

Well kick me in the nuts then, if you must

ECCO is good people, so I can't imagine why this BSD guy wanted to get into it with him. Doesn't speak well of BSD based on what I know of ECCO and my dealings with ECCO

Thanks for the honest opinion, even if it means my hopes and dreams are dashed. I'd rather know as much as possible to make an informed decision, and you aren't one to gossip or malign anyone

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:51:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#15]
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
Well kick me in the nuts then, if you must

ECCO is good people, so I can't imagine why this BSD guy wanted to get into it with him. Doesn't speak well of BSD based on what I know of ECCO and my dealings with ECCO

Thanks for the honest opinion, even if it means my hopes and dreams are dashed. I'd rather know as much as possible to make an informed decision, and you aren't one to gossip or malign anyone

View Quote

He was upset that people were comparing him to ECCO and saying ECCO was cheaper when it came to the SF hub mounts. He has a solid reputation for pricing everything on the high side (like his $400 BCA barrel he tried to sell), so he got butt hurt about it. In one of the Form 1 groups on FB, I posted a hub mount that I made from a B&T blast shield so that I could use their A2 NATO mount with hub suppressors. He immediately jumped in with (paraphrasing since it was years ago at this point) "Yeah, well I'm making one too, and it's going to be better than what you made." Totally unprovoked dick measuring on his part.

But again, he does take on some neat projects that he seems to pull off once in a while. But I would only consider one if it were a finished product ready to go with sale being handled by a third party vs putting a down payment and waiting on it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#16]

He was upset that people were comparing him to ECCO and saying ECCO was cheaper when it came to the SF hub mounts. He has a solid reputation for pricing everything on the high side (like his $400 BCA barrel he tried to sell), so he got butt hurt about it. In one of the Form 1 groups on FB, I posted a hub mount that I made from a B&T blast shield so that I could use their A2 NATO mount with hub suppressors. He immediately jumped in with (paraphrasing since it was years ago at this point) "Yeah, well I'm making one too, and it's going to be better than what you made." Totally unprovoked dick measuring on his part.

But again, he does take on some neat projects that he seems to pull off once in a while. But I would only consider one if it were a finished product ready to go with sale being handled by a third party vs putting a down payment and waiting on it.
View Quote

Well from his own pics above it looks like his spiral is off kilter, and to be honest that barrel looks like an enema device of some sort.

No offense to enema afficianados or to those who have to administer them professionally and whatnot of course.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

No offense to enema afficianados or to those who have to administer them professionally and whatnot of course.
View Quote

None taken…
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
expand on this please.

I've seen online postings that are similar to your response, but will say that my dealings with them have been fine. They have done a few barrels for me with odd thread pitch/lengths that were 100% perfect ....
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

I've seen online postings that are similar to your response, but will say that my dealings with them have been fine. They have done a few barrels for me with odd thread pitch/lengths that were 100% perfect ....
View Quote

I know a lot of people have had good experiences with him. Can't imagine he'd still be around if all he turned out was crap, so hopefully he's overall changed for the better. Just gotta take your own risk aversion into account and decide from there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#20]
When the Form 1 stuff was still a thing he routinely churned out mediocre work for very high prices. His 'gunsmithing' was questionable at best and his custom projects were a trainwreck. Numerous people shared stories of him using (inferior) material substitution or cutting corners then charging more money than quoted. I've seen his work in person and, well, I wouldn't touch anything he made with a 10ft pole.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:35:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#21]

I know a lot of people have had good experiences with him. Can't imagine he'd still be around if all he turned out was crap, so hopefully he's overall changed for the better. Just gotta take your own risk aversion into account and decide from there.
View All Quotes

I can see that...your logic makes sense. I'm definitely not going to be an early adopter of this rifle but if others are willing to take the plunge and can give it honest reviews I'd still be interested (assuming it's a legit product)

Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
When the Form 1 stuff was still a thing he routinely churned out mediocre work for very high prices. His 'gunsmithing' was questionable at best and his custom projects were a trainwreck. Numerous people shared stories of him using (inferior) material substitution or cutting corners then charging more money than quoted. I've seen his work in person and, well, I wouldn't touch anything he made with a 10ft pole.
Ouch

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top