Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2024 2:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtomso7464]
Has anyone gotten one lately?  The last one I got about 6 months ago, the black finish was really rough feeling, not at all like any block upper or lower I have had before.  Any changes to that?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have gotten a couple of them over the last year and a half or so. They are good to go. I believe Brownell's either has left over Nodak Spud receivers or they have the machinery to manufacture their own.

Never had an issue with them. Nice flat black finish.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought a couple from them.

Had to send one back because the forward assist holes didn't line up. Damnedest thing I ever saw. They fixed me up with a good one fast.

Link Posted: Yesterday 10:55:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CAR-AR-M16] [#3]
I had a couple of issues with their receivers too. One had the misaligned FA hole like the poster above and another had an incorrectly cut charging handle grove inside of the receiver. Their customer service went above and beyond to help me out.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top