Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2024 11:22:11 PM EDT
Trying to update a M951 with a an old Surefire P60 bulb but I am having trouble getting the Solarforce P60 LED to fit. It’s as if the LED drop in is too long.

What am I doing wrong?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:57:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: douglasmorris99] [#1]
had a similar issue.  truly can't remember the outcome.

thinking I gave up and bought the more expensive ones from Lumens Factory.
but it's been a minute and i'm old..

i have upgraded 10 660 military classics and 3 m951/961 variants, all with Lumens Factory bulbs with zero issues

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Disco_Stu_TX:
Trying to update a M951 with a an old Surefire P60 bulb but I am having trouble getting the Solarforce P60 LED to fit. It’s as if the LED drop in is too long.

What am I doing wrong?
View Quote

There should be two springs on that Solarforce assembly. A larger outer spring and a smaller inner spring.  Remove the larger spring and it will fit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Epyon:

There should be two springs on that Solarforce assembly. A larger outer spring and a smaller inner spring.  Remove the larger spring and it will fit.
View Quote

That helps, it looks like I have the older “fat body” Style m951. I also had to remove a plastic piece that was in between the body and the bezel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Disco_Stu_TX:

What am I doing wrong?

THATS IT!!!!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top