Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2024 9:33:17 PM EDT
Just searched online and on this forum and could not find any readily available mid length triangle hand guards. Does anyone know of a source for these?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say your best bet is to get a set of Linemount / Taiwan sets and mod those?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I was able to buy a set of carbine length triangle guards, a couple years ago.
But it looks like you say I will have to fabricate  the mid length style. Would one of these adapters work? Of course I’m looking for a (another)source for one of these as well. Attachment Attached File

As the triangle guard tapers, I’m also wondering about the fit?

Here are my carbine length that I purchased.
Attachment Attached File

Although I can’t remember where I got them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sherluk sells the 607 metal hand guard caps for $25 + shipping. I got one and it works great. It is the item at the top of the page.

http://www.sherluk.com/m16e.php

For a mid-length triangle set, either custom made or cut down from a rifle length set, this hand guard cap would not work. It's not big enough. It could be used a a model, but would have to be scaled up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#5]
So you’re saying the Sherluk 607 cap will not work?

Here is what I’m looking at cutting off.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:48:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timkel] [#6]
Midi length triangular handguards. I got the front handguard cap years ago from someone on this board. Yes, I had to cut a full length set to fit. Someone will be along to direct you to the seller.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Big Rix is working on a 3D printed set that should be drop-in and not require any cutting down. I dunno at what point he is in the prototyping process though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I see you cut the front off and not the rear!
I had not seen it done that way yet.  It it looks good!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shane733] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flynnchester:
So you’re saying the Sherluk 607 cap will not work?

View Quote

The one Sherluk sells is made for handguards cut to carbine length girth. If you cut a set of rifle length handguards at the 6 3/8" mark, the girth of the size there is the size of his cap. For mid length, you will be cutting at the ? 8 3/8" mark ? which will be larger. If you can find who makes the front mid length caps like on timkel's AR above, your set.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:53:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flynnchester] [#10]
Yea, I rough measured it at 8-1/2” so I will need the special front cap.
If anyone finds the source give me a shout.
Thank you!

Looking again I just noticed Timkel’s barrel looks like .750,
I’m running a pencil .625, barrel.
Hopefully that does not make it harder to find.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top