Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2024 7:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetstar]
I just bought a 9mm AR.   It’s old school in appearance -   Crossover to the retro area too as it’s a carry handle pre A1 style upper (no fwd assist - which is not needed on a pcc anyway)

It’s still in 4473 delay purgatory for a couple more days and possibly more detailed pics will unravel the loose ends when it’s in my possession,

But - as mentioned , original M16 upper with gas deflector, cut down dust cover and Colt forge marks with Colt markings (CMP 9mm chrome lined or some such) - so an obviously Colt upper - Bolt carrier had no stamps - but was mated to a Bushmaster lower.

I’m not a “hobby guy” per se’ but this rig was $700 all in so I thought to myself — ok you’re basically buying a Colt upper at the going rate and getting the rest for free—

I did some basic research to Suss out the Colt lineage because I’m a Colt fanboy, and having a mixed race lower means it’s a shooter anyway, — but (I wish I took pics but this was a hastily made deal)
Did Bushmaster ever make any 9mm stuff at all?    The mag block looks very nice .        

My dealer had it on consignment along with a couple other old rigs like an original and unfired  full Colt version with SP1 front pin and some other SP1 and CAR15 stuff that was out of my price range , so I figured the mismatched receiver gun was the ‘old boys shooter while he mothballed the pure Colts

Anyway — curious if bushmaster ever did a pcc lower or a mag block at all ——.   I truly pored over everything I could find on forging and barrel marks ahead of time to ensure I wasn’t buying an older Olympic or Model 1 operation , but figured I still wouldn’t lose much except a tiny bit of colt fanboy pride, so I already bit on it,

Pics may obviously tell a lot more in a few days when I get the Mother May I back from the fbi though
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I know they did on their carbon 15’s. I don’t remember seeing them in standard forged upper/lowers.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top