Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2024 12:50:06 PM EDT
I recently purchased this PSA Sabre upper. It comes stock with a three-prong compensator. I like the compensator but plan to swap it out for something that is HUB compatible and attach the 3 prong Sabre compensator on another 16" AR. Would I need to time the compensator? And would I need to replace the crush washer when doing so? TYIA
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it is necessary, but I time a 3-prong with a tine @ top dead center or my OCD pings.  Hell, I even time an A1 birdcage based on the wrench flats.  If there is at least 1/4 rotation of crush left in the crush washer it would work, but they are cheap enough that I just replace them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No timing other than personal preference.

Crush washers are intended to be a one time use item.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top