Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 4:37:51 PM EDT
I've got a 3 lug I'd like to install on a PCC I have, but I don't have a 3 lug wrench. Any tips/tricks to installing without one? I've read using the suppressor to tighten is somewhat common? Not sure how bad of an idea it is? I will be using Rockset also. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
you can try to use a combination of pliers and a wrench. Place the pliers on the lug and use the wrench to tighten it. Make sure to tighten it evenly and don’t over tighten, as this can damage the adapter or the barrel.

My advice would be to buy a 3 lug tool instead. They are relatively inexpensive and only require a torque wrench or a socket wrench. Here's one for only $6

Link
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
A 19mm open end wrench might grip it, but not very positively. One wrench flat goes on a lobe and the other wrench  flat contacts the inside corners of the other two lobes. Knipex smooth jaw, parallel pliers probably would work even better.

One of the Griffin tools has a 3-lug cut-out. Liberty Suppressors also used to have a torque wrench adapter. Torque was pretty low.  

Any tool that increase grip over bare hands plus install with low strength threadlocker is probably adequate.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy the tool at that price. Cheaper than f****ing up the 3 lug.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:45:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HansohnBrothers] [#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top