Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 1:59:47 AM EDT
Does anyone have a video or shooting session written review of the steyr 300blk barrel with subs and a common non-flow through can like a sandman s or surefire socom? Wanted to get feedback on reliability and only see heresy reviews on YouTube so far and just marketing video from steyr when they released since they  are still quite new.

If people have feedback on which is better (Heresy vs Steyr) is appreciate some feedback too

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been waiting on the Steyr & didn't even know they were available yet.

I'll order one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the standard non nato version. Do the 42 round waffle mags work with the 300 blkout rounds?

I’d like to convert mine to 300 but I’m not down to buy new magazines all over again.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:48:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NYShaDe45:
I have the standard non nato version. Do the 42 round waffle mags work with the 300 blkout rounds?

I’d like to convert mine to 300 but I’m not down to buy new magazines all over again.
View Quote

I have heard mixed reviews about the 42 round 5.56 mags from Steyr when loading them with 300blk. I bought the barrel and I mounted the cherry bomb and hoping to shoot it next weekend.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered the .300 BLK barrel.

What suppressor are people recommending?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I could gather I think they recommended something with higher back pressure so no flow throughs. Hoping that it would work well with a Sandman S or SureFire SOCOM, but I don’t own a 300blk aug yet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I emailed Brian at Steyr, he says they have been using the AAC SDN-6, the AlleyCat 762, and the new B&T.

I’ll have to talk to SilencerShop when I’m ready to plunk some $$ down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
I emailed Brian at Steyr, he says they have been using the AAC SDN-6, the AlleyCat 762, and the new B&T.

I’ll have to talk to SilencerShop when I’m ready to plunk some $$ down.
View Quote

That’s a super random list. Literally none of those are particularly popular cans from my understanding lol. Did he say anything about some of the more common usa offerings?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By henryfrank:

That’s a super random list. Literally none of those are particularly popular cans from my understanding lol. Did he say anything about some of the more common usa offerings?
View Quote

I listed the 3 cans he mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Still no range report on one of these? I'm amazed!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By campower:
Still no range report on one of these? I'm amazed!
View Quote

Been super surprised too.

Here was one, but no suppressor info unfortunately:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AUG/s/LdNVB4uq1x
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#12]
My barrel was delivered today, but unfortunately, I’m out of town on business
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top