Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion Evo 4 (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2024 3:23:16 PM EDT
Apparently CZ will be releasing the Scorpion Evo 4 at SHOT.
Wonder if it will finally be roller delayed? Hopefully they do away with some of the plastic on everything as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That explains the discounts on the 3 then.  I didn't bite.  I'm still hoping for a more modern mp5. lol
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock Mags and I am sold.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
View Quote

Gross. The ugliest thing in the world is a PCC with a Glock mag hanging out of it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyrannosaur] [#4]
View Quote

The Scorpion mag is becoming the gold standard for PCC mags why move to glock?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tyrannosaur:

View Quote

Making the gen 2 mags not compatible with the gen 3 was such a mistake. I agree, amazing mags.

I would love a quality scorpion that takes the ol reliable rock solid mags, with a better trigger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tyrannosaur:

View Quote

Because it does not fit my Glocks, Duh.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: O1gagt] [#7]
Looked around and couldn't find anything on a Evo 4 release.  Wouldn't surprise me though.

I would have considered a 3+ micro if they would have made their PDW stock available.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#8]
Originally Posted By O1gagt:
Looked around and couldn't find anything on a Evo 4 release.  Wouldn't surprise me though.

I would have considered a 3+ micro of they would have made their PDW stock available.
View Quote

No Scorpion will ever be worth owning to me as long as it’s direct blowback and still has all the plastic everywhere.

Until it’s roller delayed and has an aluminum upper, I’m not interested.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

Gross. The ugliest thing in the world is a PCC with a Glock mag hanging out of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#10]

No Scorpion will ever be worth owning to me as long as it’s direct blowback and still has all the plastic everywhere.

Until it’s roller delayed and has an aluminum upper, I’m not interested.
View Quote

Why the hate for the polymer receiver?
Just curious.

The Evo has been fielded for a decade now without issues
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Frens:

Just curious.

View Quote

It feels physically cheap when holding it. Thats all. They’re solid guns. I just will never own one until those two things are addressed.
If they never are, no biggie. Other PCC’s have both points covered. I can live without a Scorpion.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I don’t think the polymer receiver will go away… it’s like asking Glock to make a metal frame pistol…
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#13]
I don’t think the polymer receiver will go away… it’s like asking Glock to make a metal frame pistol…
View Quote

They make other models with aluminum receivers. It’s not that hard to imagine them doing a Scorpion with an aluminum upper.
I’m sure the lower will stay polymer forever.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#14]

They make other models with aluminum receivers. It’s not that hard to imagine them doing a Scorpion with an aluminum upper.
I’m sure the lower will stay polymer forever.
View Quote

What PCC do they currently  make with an aluminum receiver?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:38:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#15]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

View Quote

...who said it had to be a PCC?

I said they make models already. Nothing about a PCC already with one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Making the last version incompatible with existing mags was one of the worst and dumbest things they could have ever done.  By default, they killed the last variant by that stupid decision.

I mean, honestly, making it look more like an mp5 with the embossed edges and grooves and stuff was stupid enough and nothing more than just HK envy.

I've been clamoring and asking for caliber conversions (other than 9mm) since it was introduced.  I'm still hopeful in 45 and 10 mil.  That would be the tits.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Hope it's a delayed action that uses original evo3 s1 mags. I'd be a buyer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By VTD:
Hope it's a delayed action that uses original evo3 s1 mags. I'd be a buyer.
View Quote

I mean at this point it feel it has to be. The number one reason I see people not want to own a Scorpion is that it's not delayed. The second reason is they don't want the polymer upper.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#19]
Just curious.
View Quote

The very few Scorpions I've seen with an OOB event and the resulting broken upper is what I didn't like about an all plastic upper.  I sold mine and went to metal receiver PCC's -- there are many metal receiver PCCs from which to choose.

I know OOB is rare, but it seems like metal uppers handle adverse events like that without being destroyed.  That makes me feel better about shooting them.

That said, I think it unlikely in the extreme that any future gen of Scorpion would have a metal upper, but if they would, I'd get one again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#20]
CZ should just take the Bren 2 and shrink things down for 9mm. Be an instant winner. Cheaper alternative than an APC9, but with that Czech magic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:02:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wespe] [#22]

View Quote

...who said it had to be a PCC?

I said they make models already. Nothing about a PCC already with one.
View Quote

Since you’re not answering my question I’ll have to assume you’re talking the Bren series rifles.  You do understand that those were designed with metal receivers to begin with and not plastic right?

I’m also guessing you’re not a manufacturing engineer or designer since you don’t understand how much cost and work it takes to design a new receiver and then manufacture it and bring it to the market.

So yeah, it is in fact kind of hard to imagine them redesigning, programming, retooling, etc. to change a gun that has a good record of reliability as well as durability.  Unless you have enough influence to convince them to do all the above because polymer doesn’t feel good to you, you’re living in a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Since you’re not answering my question I’ll have to assume you’re talking the Bren series rifles.  You do understand that those were designed with metal receivers to begin with and not plastic right?

I’m also guessing you’re not a manufacturing engineer or designer since you don’t understand how much cost and work it takes to design a new receiver and then manufacture it and bring it to the market.

So yeah, it is in fact kind of hard to imagine them redesigning, programming, retooling, etc. to change a gun that has a good record of reliability as well as durability.  Unless you have enough influence to convince them to do all the above because polymer doesn’t feel good to you, you’re living in a pipe dream.
View Quote

Mmmm, nah, not too hard to imagine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 4:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#24]

View All Quotes

In your imagination, anything is possible.

In reality? Not so much.

Originally Posted By tranzformer:
CZ should just take the Bren 2 and shrink things down for 9mm. Be an instant winner. Cheaper alternative than an APC9, but with that Czech magic.

A piston-driven, rotating bolt 9mm is not going to a "cheaper" alternative. The Scorpion already is a "scaled down" Bren...except with an operating system and materials commensurate with the 9mm chambering.

The level of "I hope they/they should use heavier, more expensive materials and a more complicated operating system on the Evo4" in this thread is confusing...

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 4:58:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#25]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

In your imagination, anything is possible.

In reality? Not so much.

https://media.giphy.com/media/OwBBZQDUeDRfy/giphy.gif

A piston-driven, rotating bolt 9mm is not going to a "cheaper" alternative. The Scorpion already is a "scaled down" Bren...except with an operating system and materials commensurate with the 9mm chambering.

The level of "I hope they/they should use heavier, more expensive materials and a more complicated operating system on the Evo4" in this thread is confusing...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/75fcc32747bc2ee1a4b2c04cdb295576/tenor.gif?itemid=4730407
View Quote

Nah, you’re really the only one confused.

Smaller outfits can make PCC’s with aluminum uppers for well under $1k, but you don’t think CZ could do it (if they actually wanted to)?

A company the size of CZ with the engineers and manufacturing capabilities they have at their disposal could absolutely do everything everyone in this thread is asking, and do it for sub $1,500 - a price point that people would absolutely understand and go for given the obvious positives and improvements of a roller delayed action and aluminum upper.

Stop pretending you’re the only person in the thread who has a clue. You’re just coming off as a pompous dumbass.

PS: I’d bet that the upper could be made from an extrusion, which would exponentially reduce both material cost and machine time.

But I’m sure you already thought of that being the expert in the thread and all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#26]

https://media1.tenor.com/images/75fcc32747bc2ee1a4b2c04cdb295576/tenor.gif?itemid=4730407
View All Quotes

Cheaper version than B&T. Read my post again. Not talking about being cheaper than current Scorpion.

I would pay more to get a gun that was designed with some sort of delay in the system and that used an aluminum upper instead of polymer. CZ could definitely make something that would be cheaper than a GHM9 and yet be competitive with it on performance and specs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 5:09:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#27]

Cheaper version than B&T. Read my post again. Not talking about being cheaper than current Scorpion.
View Quote

He really can’t wrap his mind around not trying to compare it in every way to the current Scorpion.

The changes in this thread would make the Evo 4 a true evolution of the gun. It doesn’t need to look the exact same or cost a similar amount to the current Evo. Hard concept for him to grasp.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#28]
B&T APC223: $3500 MSRP
CZ Bren 2 5.56 carbine: $2000 MSRP

B&T Mk2 pistol: $1555 MSRP
CZ P-01: $650 MSRP

B&T APC9: $2500 MSRP
B&T GHM9: $1700 MSRP
CZ Scorpion Evo 4:???? MSRP

The above comparisons aren't perfect, but they are the best I could think of in terms of products that both companies offer that are similar in design and market segment. Overall B&T is more expensive brand. Labor costs and cost of running a business are higher in Switzerland than in Czech Republic. If CZ wanted to, there is no reason that they couldn't come up with a new Scorpion design that was competitive with the B&T offerings but at a cheaper price point, say sub $1500 MSRP. That is again if CZ wants to do so.

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Extruded aluminum upper, roller delay, 9mm, cheap... sounds like you guys are wanting CZ to make the Stribog A3 and call it the Scorpion Evo 4.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:12:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#30]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Extruded aluminum upper, roller delay, 9mm, cheap... sounds like you guys are wanting CZ to make the Stribog A3 and call it the Scorpion Evo 4.
View Quote

I like how you’re pretending like the A3 isn’t a phenomenal gun when you put its mag issues aside, but..hey, whatever you say.

With a lower that takes Scorpion mags, there's not a PCC under $2k I'd take over the A3.

Edit: I can think of a few north of $2k that I still wouldn't take as well.

A $1,500 Scorpion with an aluminum upper and delayed action would be a very, very easy price point for CZ to hit. And it would be incredibly well received by the market. Period.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#31]

I like how you’re pretending like the A3 isn’t a phenomenal gun when you put its mag issues aside, but..hey, whatever you say.

With a lower that takes Scorpion mags, there's not a PCC under $2k I'd take over the A3.

Edit: I can think of a few north of $2k that I still wouldn't take as well.

A $1,500 Scorpion with an aluminum upper and delayed action would be a very, very easy price point for CZ to hit. And it would be incredibly well received by the market. Period.
View Quote

The GHM9 is still a better option at or below the A3 price point.

My biggest knocks from owing a scorpion were always the trigger, the weight (and how cheap it felt at that weight), the bitch of a muzzle device to remove, and it's performance suppresed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#32]
Originally Posted By WJP556:

The GHM9 is still a better option at or below the A3 price point.

My biggest knocks from owing a scorpion were always the trigger, the weight (and how cheap it felt at that weight), the bitch of a muzzle device to remove, and it's performance suppresed.
View Quote

Not from what I've seen it isn't. I see as many complaints about the GHM9 as the Stribog. The difference is the Stribog complaints are a simple fix: a lower that takes Scorpion mags. After that, they run 100% and shoot as soft as an MP5...how do you think the GHM 9 is better at that point? lol

If it's direct blowback, it's doesn't shoot as nice as the A3, period. Not even B&T with their hydraulic buffer system is as soft.

Edit: And where the fk are GHM9's under $800? Because you can get A3's for under $800 all day long. Under $1,000 still with a new lower.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#33]
Woops
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
View Quote

Sure, I think a lot of CZ fans would be happy with that as well as others looking for a new 9mm PCC in the $1000-1500 range and wanting something nicer than what current Scorpion offers but cheaper price point than a B&T type.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro: I like how you’re pretending like the A3 isn’t a phenomenal gun when you put its mag issues aside, but..hey, whatever you say.
View Quote

I have no idea how you’re getting any that from my post. As I insinuated, very succinctly, you and others are seemingly describing the Stribog A3 in your hopes for the Evo 4. Nothing more. Reread it and consider switching to decaf.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:44:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#36]

Nah, you’re really the only one confused.

Smaller outfits can make PCC’s with aluminum uppers for well under $1k, but you don’t think CZ could do it (if they actually wanted to)?

A company the size of CZ with the engineers and manufacturing capabilities they have at their disposal could absolutely do everything everyone in this thread is asking, and do it for sub $1,500 - a price point that people would absolutely understand and go for given the obvious positives and improvements of a roller delayed action and aluminum upper.

Stop pretending you’re the only person in the thread who has a clue. You’re just coming off as a pompous dumbass.

PS: I’d bet that the upper could be made from an extrusion, which would exponentially reduce both material cost and machine time.

But I’m sure you already thought of that being the expert in the thread and all.
View Quote

Speaking of pompous dumbassery, are you trying to be edgy in a preteen sort of way, or are you just really an actual preteen?

Since you're so cocksure that a gas operated rotating bolt 9mm is a realistic design option, enlighten us all by revealing as to why no firearm manufacturer on Earth has ever bothered to make one. And while you're on a roll, further enlighten us all as to how, "A company the size of CZ with the engineers and manufacturing capabilities they have at their disposal could absolutely do everything everyone in this thread is asking, and do it for sub $1,500." Don't spare any details, either.

I work in manufacturing, so I'd genuinely like to hear the solution to this price point. I'm talking material acquisition, R&D design, test verification, & certification, production volume cost projection...all of it. All the various costs rolled into developing this "sure thing/no problem" idea. Tell me in detail how an overly complicated 9mm pistol/SBR/carbine can be produced & sold in the volume necessary for economic scaling to effect your asserted pricing outcome.

Surely, you do know better than anyone else. Tell us all about it. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Not from what I've seen it isn't. I see as many complaints about the GHM9 as the Stribog. The difference is the Stribog complaints are a simple fix: a lower that takes Scorpion mags. After that, they run 100% and shoot as soft as an MP5...how do you think the GHM 9 is better at that point? lol

If it's direct blowback, it's doesn't shoot as nice as the A3, period. Not even B&T with their hydraulic buffer system is as soft.

Edit: And where the fk are GHM9's under $800? Because you can get A3's for under $800 all day long. Under $1,000 still with a new lower.
View Quote

I got my GHM9 for about $900, and yeah the recoil is much nicer than the A3.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I disagree. The A3 shoots significantly softer and nicer than the GHM9. The A1 and GHM9 shoot similarly when I shot them back to back. But the A3 is definitely an improvement over both of them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#39]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Speaking of pompous dumbassery, are you trying to be edgy in a preteen sort of way, or are you just really an actual preteen?

Since you're so cocksure that a gas operated rotating bolt 9mm is a realistic design option, enlighten us all by revealing as to why no firearm manufacturer on Earth has ever bothered to make one. And while you're on a roll, further enlighten us all as to how, "A company the size of CZ with the engineers and manufacturing capabilities they have at their disposal could absolutely do everything everyone in this thread is asking, and do it for sub $1,500." Don't spare any details, either.

I work in manufacturing, so I'd genuinely like to hear the solution to this price point. I'm talking material acquisition, R&D design, test verification, & certification, production volume cost projection...all of it. All the various costs rolled into developing this "sure thing/no problem" idea. Tell me in detail how an overly complicated 9mm pistol/SBR/carbine can be produced & sold in the volume necessary for economic scaling to effect your asserted pricing outcome.

Surely, you do know better than anyone else. Tell us all about it. Can't wait.
View Quote

Ah, more dumbassery.
You wanna show me where I said this? Nowhere in this entire thread have I ever mentioned your crackpot “gas operated rotating bolt”.

Are you high? Are you senile? Do you routinely just make shit up like you did in your rambling post there?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#40]

View Quote

Lmao I’ve shot 2 GHM9’s quite a bit and neither are even close to as soft as the A3. You’re making shit up or just somehow can't tell the difference.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:34:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#41]

Ah, more dumbassery.
You wanna show me where I said this? Nowhere in this entire thread have I ever mentioned your crackpot “gas operated rotating bolt”.

Are you high? Are you senile? Do you routinely just make shit up like you did in your rambling post there?
View Quote

Do you even understand what you read or say/post? You just bashed a post calling a gas operated 9mm impractical. Guess why that was a stupid argument for you to assert?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:39:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#42]

Do you even understand what you read or say/post? You just bashed a post calling a gas operated 9mm impractical. Guess why that was a stupid argument for you to assert?
View Quote

Because you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about in this thread? I bashed a post about you claiming I said shit I never said.

When are you going to show me my post when I ever mentioned anything about a rotating bolt?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Because you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about in this thread? I bashed a post about you claiming I said shit I never said.

When are you going to show me my post when I ever mentioned anything about a rotating bolt?
View Quote

You responded that CZ has the resources to do it. The kicker is, why would they want to?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:56:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#44]

You responded that CZ has the resources to do it. The kicker is, why would they want to?
View Quote

I never, ever specifically said I wanted what he keeps saying. Since my VERY FIRST post, I said ROLLER DELAYED.

I do see where I replied to one of his rants where he’s talking about rotating bolt. My mistake. I overlooked it. Not sure why he replied to ANY of my posts ranting about a rotating bolt that I never brought up, but whatever. I never talked about that in this thread, but I could see where me responding to him about it was confusing.

That’s my bad.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#45]

I never, ever specifically said I wanted what he keeps saying. Since my VERY FIRST post, I said ROLLER DELAYED.

I do see where I replied to one of his rants where he’s talking about rotating bolt. My mistake. I overlooked it. Not sure why he replied to ANY of my posts ranting about a rotating bolt that I never brought up, but whatever. I never talked about that in this thread, but I could see where me responding to him about it was confusing.

That’s my bad.
View Quote

Baaah! I see now. Delayed roller locking was part of the conversation. No, I think this is my screw up, not yours. Sorry mang.

I'm not sure if CZ will go for that, if for no other reason than the associated cost. I guess they could, but is the market demand there to justify it? Guess we'll know sooner than later.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice to see some kum ba ya back up in here
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#47]
My Scorps are my favorite guns to shoot. Both original models.

The different mags for the last offering was pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#48]
So far not seeing any info on a Scorpion Evo 4, just a bunch of bickering and wishes.   Has any info been released from CZ talking about new Scorpion model?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Baaah! I see now. Delayed roller locking was part of the conversation. No, I think this is my screw up, not yours. Sorry mang.

I'm not sure if CZ will go for that, if for no other reason than the associated cost. I guess they could, but is the market demand there to justify it? Guess we'll know sooner than later.
View Quote

Peace be with you, sir.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#50]
Originally Posted By O1gagt:
So far not seeing any info on a Scorpion Evo 4, just a bunch of bickering and wishes.   Has any info been released from CZ talking about new Scorpion model?
View Quote

It was leaked by mistake in a podcast I watched.

If it doesn’t come to fruition at SHOT, treat it as an Evo 4 wish thread, I dunno.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
CZ Scorpion Evo 4 (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top