Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2023 6:35:18 PM EDT
I bought this FAL at an online auction a few months ago. It appears to be an Enterprise Arms built on an imbel receiver. The fit and finish are excellent, and it ran smoothly with Swiss M80 ball and was dead nuts right on at 50 without any sight adjustments. I thought it was interesting it had a tapco AK-74 muzzle break. Any thoughts? I have read that enterprise arms FALs were shit but this one’s really nice. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shortround] [#2]
@drjaydvm  That was one of mine I had to give up.  It was a a very nice kit and was put together by a well known Fal smith.  I got it about third hand. It is a collection of mostly inch IIRC.  Of the 30 or so I had, it was one of my favorites. It does like to run full open with full power ammo and will run like a violated primate.  The back pressure from the '74 brake helped with that.  A real pussycat and one that they had to pry away from me.  If you want to know more, PM me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I love this place lol. It’s become my favorite too. I’m gonna leave it just as is. I think I have the gas at 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably only an Enterprise imported Imbel receiver.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI the RA marked parts are collectable on their own. Looks like the lower and bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shortround:
@drjaydvm  That was one of mine I had to give up.  It was a a very nice kit and was put together by a well known Fal smith.  I got it about third hand. It is a collection of mostly inch IIRC.  Of the 30 or so I had, it was one of my favorites. It does like to run full open with full power ammo and will run like a violated primate.  The back pressure from the '74 brake helped with that.  A real pussycat and one that they had to pry away from me.  If you want to know more, PM me.
View Quote

Do you happen to know the thread pattern for the brake? What inspired the smith to use that brake? I don’t think I’ve seen another FAL with one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
He was looking for back pressure and at the time ~2000ish, that was one of the best for that.  You have to remember this was during the "ban".  The brake is silver soldered to the barrel, but I believe it is 14x1mm LH or 9/16x24 which are interchangeable for the most part.  Be careful changing brakes as that brake gives you 16".
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
It's crazy (in a good way) that is how a FAL looks with a 16" (via pin & weld) barrel. At first look, I was almost certain that was an SBR. Very cool FAL!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like that.  Izzies are my favorite variant.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drjaydvm:

Do you happen to know the thread pattern for the brake?
View Quote

It would be difficult to say, typically the AK74 brakes like that were threaded 14mm LH and were intended to attach to AKM barrels.  Since this is a custom and the brake is probably permanently attached, it could have the 14mm LH thread or the brake could have been reamed out to fit the FAL barrel.

As mentioned that is an Entreprise imported IMBEL receiver, it may or may not have been assembled by Entreprise, no way to really tell.  The issue with Entreprise was mainly their own manufactured receivers.  The IMBEL receivers are good to go, IMBEL was the original manufacturer of the Springfield Armory SAR-48 and SAR-4800 and Licensed by FN to manufacture the FAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top