Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 6:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YukonBoy03]
So I am now looking for some must have accessories for a 1928 Bridgeport.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thinking an FBI case for just easy storage but what about new, old-stock wood furniture and magazine/drums?

Any good sources for original stocks and fore-ends and good quality USGI/Milsurp 30 Round magazines and 50/100 rounds drums?  (I know the 100s cost a ton...)

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The best place currently on the internet to ask your questions is the Machinegunboards.com website, in the Thompson Submachine Gun Message Board.

Enjoy many safe and happy times with your '28.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I caught some 30 round surplus sticks from what a country on sale for around $24.

Wirebrush, cold blue, and replacement mag springs from wolff, good to go.

I got a 50 round drum from waffenmeister, it seems to be good. I have loaded it but not had a chance to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used the Numrich reproductions in my post sample. They work pretty well
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
30 rounders:

https://www.northridgeinc.com/category-s/211.htm

There are newly made 50  and 100 round drums from Taiwan that everyone is very happy with.  Not sure where to get them for the best price.

original drums are rare-ish and you need to go to gunbroker for that

try machinegunboards.com
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, congrats on your 28 Thompson.

It is a FANTASTIC subgun, accurate and easy to shoot.  

The people who criticize it are also known as "people who never owned a Thompson."  Or sometimes known as "people who bought a mediocre knock-off made by 20 little machine shops in West Hurley, New York in the 1970s."

Now you need an M1A1.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top