Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2024 1:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull]
Hansohn posted these in the cheap rimfire silencer thread and I ordered one to try one. I know others did as well, so I wanted to give a quick run through of it and a couple simple comparisons. I couldn't find much about these silencer online anywhere.
Hansohn said these are based on the Quell Tech product. Quell tech stopped making the form 1 kits. Hansohn said it was a great design and they asked if they could use it. They made some small tweaks to the design but overall pretty much the same where it counts they said.

This is the silencer I'm referring to. $220
https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/silencers/rimfire/hansohn-mod-f4-rimfire-silencer/

Its all aluminum and you can tell when you pick it up. Feels like you are holding a well made writing pen.
There are 8 baffles and you can choose to use one or all eight. When I used it, I kept it at the full 8 baffles.

I took it apart and put anti-seize on all the threads.

Length with 8 baffles compared to the following.
Oculus
Mask
Mustang
Mod F4

Eight baffles on Ruger mk4 tac

Eight baffles on Ruger american rimfire

I shot it on a Ruger 10/22 and .22lr AR as well.

I did notice a slight first round pop on the mk4. But honestly if I wasn't listening for it, I probably wouldn't of noticed it. Sounded great.
No pop on the rifles and sounded as quiet as the mask, mustang and oculus.

All in all, I think its a great, lightweight option for those looking for a cheap .22lr only silencer for plinking around the farm or a day at the range. I don't have a decibel reader, but it sounded on par with the rest. I would be interested to see the testing if someone had access to one. Its a well made silencer and machined very nicely.
Its all aluminum,  so no ultrasonic cleaner or tumbler use. Hope this can be of some use to some of you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding! Been waiting for some info on these for quite some time…. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Billyar15:
Outstanding! Been waiting for some info on these for quite some time…. Thank you!
View Quote

I was surprised at the lack of information on these silencers. The only thing I found online was a couple reddit posts asking about them. Thats where I came across Hansohn bros and their Quell Tech comments.
I thought I saw somewhere there was a discount code that drops the price to $202 or something like that as well.
Another good option for those looking for a lightweight aluminum .22lr only silencer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice write up. Coupon code at Hansohns is “thanks”
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#5]
Interesting design. Looks very similar to the rex mg22 and that one made by q (name escapes me) but aluminum instead of SS. For the price Id consider picking one up if l needed another 22 can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:
Interesting design. Looks very similar to the rex mg22 and that one made by q (name escapes me) but aluminum instead of SS. For the price Id consider picking one up if l needed another 22 can.
View Quote

Theyre all modular. The rex and the erector use radial shaped baffles, where these look like theyre chamfer shaped (sorry I don't have a more technical tern, lol)

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Thanks for the write-up! But with the latest aluminum safe cleaning products available now, maybe a non-issue?
View Quote

If you haven't tried the breakthrough cleaner, you should. It'll change your life.

Rsr stocks it regularly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#9]
I'll have to get some to see how it works, thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

If you haven't tried the breakthrough cleaner, you should. It'll change your life.

Rsr stocks it regularly.
I'll have to get some to see how it works, thanks!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Review-Breakthrough-Suppressor-Cleaner-OP-updated-/20-548434/
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Hansoh Mod F4.

Love it for a light weight can, also have the Rex MG22 with another free one that just showed up at HB.

Rex recommends using some Vaseline or other ablative gel when assembling.  I noticed the Rex didn't have any FRP and that the Hanson had a barely louder first shot.   So I took Rex's advice to my Mod F4, wipe a little Vaseline on the baffles and threads when you assemble it.  Don't put gobs of it on, just a nice thin coating, and don't block the bullet path. Gets rid of the little bit of FRP on pistols and quiets it down even more.   Wish I had a meter to tell how quiet.

I was a little concerned about aluminum threads on a steel barrel wearing out eventually, I put a Griffin Cam-Loc on mine.   Carry it in my hunting pack with a Glock 19 that has an Advantage Arms conversion kit on it for quietly removing annoying squirrels during deer season.   Gun loaded with 10 rounds and the suppressor weigh in at 21 ounces.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Just saw one of these at the shop. Feels like it weighs almost nothing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HansohnBrothers] [#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top