Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 11:47:15 AM EDT
I have an eForm 4 as an individual through Silencer Shop that certified on 2-22-24.  Reading here daily about people getting them back in a day or two is frustrating, but not the end of the world.  We all know NFA is a patient marks game, but I find myself wondering if maybe some thing is wrong. Reading here about people emailing the NICS liaison and then seeing movement has me wondering how are you even know if you have a problem with NICS worthy of emailing them.  

I also know that you only hear about the good things on the Internet so I thought I’d start this thread to see how many of us are out here waiting longer than a couple days for forms to come back.  Post up your info so we can see how many people are in the same boat.  

E-Form 4, individual through SS
Certified 2-22-24
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#1]
E-Form 4, Individual Silencer shop
Certified 3/22/2024

I called 4/30/2024, I was told I am in pending status.

ETA this will be my 5th stamp. First form 4, 14 months. 4 form 1's (3 sbr, 1 suppressor) most of those took 60ish days.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:
I have an eForm 4 as an individual through Silencer Shop that certified on 2-22-24.  Reading here daily about people getting them back in a day or two is frustrating, but not the end of the world.  We all know NFA is a patient marks game, but I find myself wondering if maybe some thing is wrong. Reading here about people emailing the NICS liaison and then seeing movement has me wondering how are you even know if you have a problem with NICS worthy of emailing them.  

I also know that you only hear about the good things on the Internet so I thought I’d start this thread to see how many of us are out here waiting longer than a couple days for forms to come back.  Post up your info so we can see how many people are in the same boat.  

E-Form 4, individual through SS
Certified 2-22-24
View Quote

Just email them all your numbers from the ATF submitted/in process email you received and ask the status of the background check associated with the application.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:

Just email them all your numbers from the ATF submitted/in process email you received and ask the status of the background check associated with the application.
View Quote

Emailing NICS liason won't do anything besides returning a canned response.

Folks who are still waiting-------
Contact your congressman. Fill out their 2 forms and they will get in touch with someone at The NFA division and the FBI.
My rep contacted BATFE and FBI on a Wednesday. I have 3 approvals waiting Thursday morning when I woke up.

I told my rep that I'd be contacting the office with every NFA purchase I make.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

Contact your congressman. Fill out their 2 forms and they will get in touch with someone at The NFA division and the FBI.
My rep contacted BATFE and FBI on a Wednesday. I have 3 approvals waiting Thursday morning when I woke up.

View Quote

Whatever.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I can't say for certain, but I was getting no place.

2 days after emailing [email protected] I received a canned response as others....10 minutes after my eforms approval.

Coincidence? Maybe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
This will be my 5th NFA purchase. I emailed Nics liaison and got the canned response a few weeks ago . I'm about two months in.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]
When I applied through the SS Kiosk I was told by the FFL to give it a month. I gave it 3 weeks then contacted my reps (LaureLee). My first email was on a Friday afternoon at 3:45.  They replied to me on  Monday morning before 9am.  I was told that helping people  dealing with government agencies was exactly what they were there for, and they were happy to assist me.  
They called me on that Wednesday to let me know they had contacted the BATFE and FBI.  Within 2hours of the call I received my approval email.  

Contact your rep.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bjkb1f] [#9]
It’s been two days. I think I’m fucked and it’ll be a year. Fuck.

This’ll be stamp #5 so I’ve been through the system before
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#10]
First time NFA buyer here. I got my four cans on a SS NFA Trust in 2.5 months. Squeaky clean background. No TSC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:59:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: docslester] [#11]
Ordered my first "to your door" from CA last Friday. Everything was going smooth until Friday. Got email and called per instructions to "Certify". Then it went to

shit thanks to our wonderful ATF "upgrading" their E form site a bit back. I'm a "II". All Jr.'s, II's, III's, etc won't go through. CA is aware and says they're

bugging the ATF daily on their progress fixing it. Of course with the efficiency of that wonderful agency who knows now.

Posted in Silencer Forum also.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Please reach out to your dealer to reach out to the NFA branch or check status in eforms via your original control number.

My latest was approved in November but the email didn't come through.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

2 days after emailing [email protected] I received a canned response as others....10 minutes after my eforms approval.

Coincidence? Maybe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Coincidence? Maybe.

No it's not a coincidence. I have had them knock 3 loose in the last year. They might be getting overwhelmed with emails lately though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
So I did hear back from my congressman's staff, my eForm is delayed with the FBI NICS. Fuckin because I have three form 1's from last year, one form 4 from 2019, and multiple multiple gun purchases over the last many years, including one just last fuckin week that the NICS came back proceed on instantly (I think I waited in the shop for 5 minutes before they cleared it for purchase). What the fuck.

I emailed the NICS Liaison email, and gave them all the info the ATF gave me and asked wtf, so we'll see where that goes.

Delayed. but won't say why. Goddamn fucking government.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol. The email back from the nics liaison couldn't have said "fuck off" more clearly than if they had just written "fuck off".

Oh well. I'll just go fuck myself then. I just hope I beat the last form 4 par I had (14 months). Time to forget about it and not hold out any hope for a quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
Lol. The email back from the nics liaison couldn't have said "fuck off" more clearly than if they had just written "fuck off".

Oh well. I'll just go fuck myself then. I just hope I beat the last form 4 par I had (14 months). Time to forget about it and not hold out any hope for a quick turnaround.
View Quote

Maybe your Social Credit Score is too low Comrade.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Maybe your Social Credit Score is too low Comrade.
View Quote

Da, comrade. I bought a case of 5.56 and another lower, upper, and two bcg's this month.

Not enough social credit left
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Received email last night from Capital Armory-

Good Afternoon,
The ATF has put in a fix for the suffix problem. We are still having some issues with some forms, but others are going through.One of our regular certifiers is going to reach out to everyone, but if you would like you can also try giving us a call.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Sandi

Called this morning, got through immediately, 5 minutes later eform went through and I had an email from ATF saying my "Submitted, in Process".

NOW the waiting game starts. We'll see how quick it goes through.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Well I suppose I'm no longer one who didn't get a fast approval!

Received two emails this morning, one from Capital Armory, one from ATF-

My eform has been approved.

24 hours!

Never thought I'd see the time the ATF gave up on slowing down applications.

Now on to shipping I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#20]
What is this number people are calling ?

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:10:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: unseenSNIPER] [#21]
Originally Posted By steel_weasel:
What is this number people are calling ?

View Quote

It’s in a thread stickied on top of the General NFA Questions page
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top