Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:39:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#1]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
Man, I want to see more Stribogs with the A3 Tactical Scorpion-mag lower. I am so tempted to pick up an A3 and do the conversion...I really don't need another braced pistol, but I'm just so tempted!

I can find the A3 with 8" barrel in stock, but not the shorter 5" barrel I prefer...any preferences from the ARFCOM hive mind?

ROCK6
View Quote

Buy the 8” version and have it cut to 6.5”. That’s the way to go IMO since you get the extra picatinny space and extra MLOK mounting.

And also, DEFINITELY buy a Gen 3 Lingle lower for it. Gun runs 100% with that setup and there’s not an MP5 on the planet I’d take over it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I can find the A3 with 8" barrel in stock, but not the shorter 5" barrel I prefer...any preferences from the ARFCOM hive mind?
View Quote
I think the longer one with the barrel shortened to where the handguard ends is the best option, but that's just my outside opinion, as an observer who doesn't own one.

Several members here have mentioned doing that though, and they seem to like it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 3:25:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#4]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
I think the longer one with the barrel shortened to where the handguard ends is the best option, but that's just my outside opinion, as an observer who doesn't own one.

Several members here have mentioned doing that though, and they seem to like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:

Basically this.  Unless the intention is to semi-permanently suppress it, the 8" is very definitely the way to go.  The 5" is awkward and a fingertip remover, for non-existent practical size savings, at the cost of a decent amount of ballistic power; and handguard space.  

As to Scorpion magazines, I've yet to see anything show they are any more reliable than the Stribog curved mags.  (yes, we all know the straight Stribog mags have problems).  But sure, the Scorp lower is a non-regulated item, so get one at your convenience, if you like.  

There really isn't an "Influencer" review of a basic 8" current roller delayed Stribog with curved mags.  I have a couple random Rumble video's of people using it to just blasting away for 20 seconds, sometimes even running straight mags just fine, with no commentary.    Note the near complete lack of recoil with the Euro 40 degree roller delay block in it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top