Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2022 5:14:13 AM EDT
I can’t seem to locate my original thread asking if there would be a long action cross but apparently there is something in the works. Go to the 4 minute mark of the video.

SHOOTING THE FIRST 300 WIN MAG SIG CROSS | A DAY AT THE RANGE
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
@coregon anything you might be able to share on this?
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SoVa:
@coregon anything you might be able to share on this?
View Quote

There it is in the flesh.  I wont share any ETA's or anything.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
@coregon how about chamberings? Surely 300wm isn’t isn’t it? 338 Norma? 300 Norma? 300 PRC?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The Gun Talk podcast from last Sunday has someone from Sig talking about this rifle.  He was hunting in Alaska with a 300 win mag prototype version.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]
@coregon how about chamberings? Surely 300wm isn’t isn’t it? 338 Norma? 300 Norma? 300 PRC?
View Quote

There will be multiple caliber options.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lcambre:
The Gun Talk podcast from last Sunday has someone from Sig talking about this rifle.  He was hunting in Alaska with a 300 win mag prototype version.
View Quote

That was from last year.  One was taken on a moose hunt in Fall of 2021.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By coregon:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Fair enough. It’s good to know it’s coming at least, even if info is limited.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't suppose Sig is going to release a 9" 300blk pistol or SBR version?
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe the new 7 PRC as well
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Well we are closing in on shot show, hopefully there will be some news there
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Good thread, I am in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:
Good thread, I am in.
View Quote

Hopefully a week from now or less the cat will be fully out of the bag.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#13]
@coregon any news on this now that shot is wrapping up, most sig coverage I’ve found has been on pistols and the spear lt
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#14]
@coregon any news on this now that shot is wrapping up, most sig coverage I’ve found has been on pistols and the spear lt
View Quote

No release yet.  We're no longer caught up in the "gotta have it ready for SHOT" rat race of releasing unfinished products.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#15]

No release yet.  We're no longer caught up in the "gotta have it ready for SHOT" rat race of releasing unfinished products.
View All Quotes

When are y'all just going to go full bore "Apple Product Event but Sig" style of releasing products?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By narphenal:

When are y'all just going to go full bore "Apple Product Event but Sig" style of releasing products?
View Quote
Oh fuck yeah. Let's get coregon a lifetime supply of black turtlenecks and some ridiculous wire-rimmed glasses.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe the new 7 PRC as well
View Quote

That would be about perfect.  Next gun I buy or build will be 7prc.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Oh fuck yeah. Let's get coregon a lifetime supply of black turtlenecks and some ridiculous wire-rimmed glasses.
View All Quotes

You assume this isn't already my garb of choice...?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 2:46:23 AM EDT
[#19]

You assume this isn't already my garb of choice...
View All Quotes

You assume this isn't already my garb of choice...
It's probably your professional choice of clothing, I'm certain. You should start wearing it all the time. Your wife will be thrilled.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Boy I could have some fun with this comment……
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard from a little birdie at the PSA gathering/ sig booth that there may be some info out on this in June. Fingers crossed that is accurate.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I was slow to try the Cross.  I have some nice bolt guns, but I find myself reaching for my “cheap” Crosses.  I now have both the .308 and the 6.5 as well as the Born and Raised 6.5 that I got because they finally offered it without the horrible branding on the side and I wanted a longer barrel.

I’ll be all over a long action.  I’d get a short barrel .300 blk too if they ever offer it.

These guns are just so light and easy to shoot.  Much more please to put in a short bag and take it to the range than lugging something larger and heavier…I’m getting old I guess.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
I was slow to try the Cross.  I have some nice bolt guns, but I find myself reaching for my “cheap” Crosses.  I now have both the .308 and the 6.5 as well as the Born and Raised 6.5 that I got because they finally offered it without the horrible branding on the side and I wanted a longer barrel.

I’ll be all over a long action.  I’d get a short barrel .300 blk too if they ever offer it.

These guns are just so light and easy to shoot.  Much more please to put in a short bag and take it to the range than lugging something larger and heavier…I’m getting old I guess.
View Quote

I have the 6.5 cm now, I love it, with the weight, accuracy and light recoil I think that will become my kids gun as they get older and I’ll continue to hunt at home with my ar10……. I want the long action for western hunting, it’s hard to beat the weight and accuracy coupled with that folding stock that makes it so easy to strap to a pack and carry around. They really are incredible rifles for the money.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Just a little bump……. Thought there would have been some news by now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Any update on this @coregon ?

Elk season is almost here and still no news.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Another appearance
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I want a long action chambered in 6.5x55mm Swede so bad I can taste it. Sig needs to hurry the fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I'm too deep in .260rem to justify the 6.5cm, if only sig would offer in .260.......
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

I'm too deep in .260rem to justify the 6.5cm, if only sig would offer in .260.......
View Quote

Could always do a rebarrel, I know that drives the cost up though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#30]
It is finally here

Very excited to see this, while I am a 300wm fan I was hoping to see this chambered in more rounds, especially the Norma rounds that sig has been using as well as the PRC rounds but this is still great, hopefully the barrel manufacturers are ready to go with pre fits.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Color me intrigued, since I have a Nightforce Beast with no host.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#32]
It is finally here

Very excited to see this, while I am a 300wm fan I was hoping to see this chambered in more rounds, especially the Norma rounds that sig has been using as well as the PRC rounds but this is still great, hopefully the barrel manufacturers are ready to go with pre fits.
View Quote

We've been patient a while ... I am sure there will be more chanberings following eventually.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#33]
@coregon do you know the msrp? I can’t find it anywhere
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I was told MAP is $2,500.  Mine was ordered first thing this morning.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

MSRP:  $2729.99
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
@coregon do you know the msrp? I can't find it anywhere

Weren't you the guy who said he was done with Sig rifles in the SPEAR-LT thread?  Due to bendy barrels and rails or something?
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:17:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#37]
Weren't you the guy who said he was done with Sig rifles in the SPEAR-LT thread?  Due to bendy barrels and rails or something?
View Quote

Yep.  If you knew what I buy of other brands and how little I buy of Sig, you'd understand, I am basically done with them.   I want to try it compared to my other similar 300 win mag (currently an MPR).  If it makes the cut, it stays, if it doesn't it goes.  I'm always on the look out for a better mouse trap and willing to try new things.  If it's close I'll keep the MPR because I'm tired of Sig's shit.  Buying a gun to get hands on with it and give it a good go is the only way imo.  YouTube videos are fine to kill time, but I want to get my hands on them.

e.g. Normally I'd own about 6 Spear heavies.  16" with a red dot, 16" with a magnified optic, a 13" SBR with red dot, 13" SBR with LPVO, a 13" pistol with red dot and 13" pistol with LPVO (that's what I almost always do).  I own zero Spear heavies because of the BS with the LT, and keep my SCAR 17's and POF 308's.  However, I kept my Sig Crosses in .308 and 6.5 because they shoot great and were lighter than my MPR's.  They work, so I'm in.  I'm willing to give the Cross Magnum a chance, but not the Spear.  I still own all of my LT's, but I'm not a fan.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone seen one in the wild yet? I got on the waitlist with my dealer but I’m also interested to see if there are any other chamberings coming in the near future.

Anyone else heard anything?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:11:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EoPoint] [#39]
In my area only two dealers I know of received a couple, though each only had one in stock at the time.

When I purchased mine they said the ones received were part of their Sig Elite dealer order. So maybe Sig Elite dealers are getting them first?

Now just trying to find more 195gr ELD-M.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Did anyone see any coverage on the cross magnum from shot show? I have looked at all the usual gun tuber channels and haven't found anything with that or a general search. I was just curious if they mentioned any planned or potential chambering options to come. Any chance you shed some light @coregon ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Did anyone see any coverage on the cross magnum from shot show? I have looked at all the usual gun tuber channels and haven't found anything with that or a general search. I was just curious if they mentioned any planned or potential chambering options to come. Any chance you shed some light @coregon ?
View Quote

Search for pics/videos from Sheep Show, SCI, DSC, etc…
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Search for pics/videos from Sheep Show, SCI, DSC, etc…
View Quote

@coregon I tried those after you suggested them. Still can’t seem to find any info on the cross magnum that wasn’t out prior to shot. I’m mainly just curious on additional chamberings and barrel lengths.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#43]

@coregon I tried those after you suggested them. Still can’t seem to find any info on the cross magnum that wasn’t out prior to shot. I’m mainly just curious on additional chamberings and barrel lengths.
View Quote

We showed 7PRC, 6.5PRC in a couple of different configs at those shows.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#44]

We showed 7PRC, 6.5PRC in a couple of different configs at those shows.
View Quote

Thanks! 7prc is what I was hoping for. I will try to find some more info on the details. If anyone else has any please share, maybe barrel lengths and potential availability
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top