Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2022 11:01:02 PM EDT
Is there a way to modify or buy a para top cover to fit a non para nosed metric upper? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#1]
DS Arms makes a top cover for a non cut receiver
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I take that back. Just looked and not listed. You might give them a call.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
When I built my Para FAL I used the railed para top cover from DSA.

DSA FAL SA58 Extreme Duty Para Scope Mount

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies. I do have a DSA railed top cover, but as always after spending money on upgrades, I find myself wanting to return it back to stock LOL.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MunnyShot:
Thank you for the replies. I do have a DSA railed top cover, but as always after spending money on upgrades, I find myself wanting to return it back to stock LOL.
View Quote

Same here. I have a DSA railed top cover sitting in the parts box that I took off and returned my carbine to original
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Found this but have never ordered from them personally:

https://falconarms.com/product/fn-fal-para-top-cover/
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
Found this but have never ordered from them personally:

https://falconarms.com/product/fn-fal-para-top-cover/
View Quote

JFYI - the top cover on offer in this link is a standard type which requires the upper to be machined.

You could modify the top cover by cutting/grinding off the "nose" but then it won't capture the recoil spring and the top cover tends to get ejected out of the upper when the action is opened.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ronin76:

You could modify the top cover by cutting/grinding off the "nose" but then it won't capture the recoil spring and the top cover tends to get ejected out of the upper when the action is opened.
View Quote

on the one that I did, when I ground the nose, I did just enough to be able to close the receiver and it did not take out the step which captures the recoil spring.  It was close, but still works.

YMMV and all that, but I would think it would work on all of them if you are very careful
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top