BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2024 5:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors]
https://maximdefense.com/product/244978/

[youtube]shorts/kroPz1D0e4k[/youtube]

Attachment Attached File

Seen some shot show coverage of this and thought it was new. Went to do a google search and found a number of videos already. Appears its been around for 6 months.

Maxim drop-in Roller Delay "RDB" for 9mm AR - My observations, slowmo and shooting. (re-upload)
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#1]
Lol...we already have a 11 page thread with reviews here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Maxim-Defense-RDB-review/15-780933/
I find that it doesn't suppress that great on my straight blowback setups.
I did find a home for it and that is on my 9mm belt fed Freedom Ordnance upper which has an inherent delay since it uses quite a bit of energy to pull the belt.  It is quiet and has a nice full auto cyclic rate on that setup.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amphibian:
Lol...we already have a 11 page thread with reviews here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Maxim-Defense-RDB-review/15-780933/
I did find a home for it and that is on my 9mm belt fed Freedom Ordnance upper which has an inherent delay since it uses quite a bit of energy to pull the belt.  It is quiet and has a nice full auto cyclic rate on that setup.
View Quote

Thanks and you were the one I was hoping had tested it. lol

I hadn't seen it and the 2024 shot show coverage making it sound new suckered me in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Same...

I put my heavy buffer/weights back in my suppressed AR9. Tossed the Maxim in my DOE build, which isn't going to run a suppressor due to lack of barrel threads. Got my stamp back for it but leaving it in pistol form until I get back from NC. Going to have THSF engrave it when I'm down there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Screwball:

Same...

I put my heavy buffer/weights back in my suppressed AR9. Tossed the Maxim in my DOE build, which isn't going to run a suppressor due to lack of barrel threads. Got my stamp back for it but leaving it in pistol form until I get back from NC. Going to have THSF engrave it when I'm down there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Screwball:

Same...

Yeah, you may have seen I posted that I thought the DoE 633 may be a good home for it as well.
I did the same thing below but I think the CMMG RDB is smoother so I pulled the Maxim out of that and rebuilt it as a CMMG RDB with a custom fixed ejector.

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, you may have seen I posted that I thought the DoE 633 may be a good home for it as well.
I did the same thing below but I think the CMMG RDB is smoother so I pulled the Maxim out of that and rebuilt it as a CMMG RDB with a custom fixed ejector.
https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/DoE-Modern1.jpg
View Quote

As of now is the modded RDB the best option for colt mag lowers?

Mainly considered with suppression first and recoil second.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#6]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/DoE-Modern1.jpg

LOL....clarify 'RDB'....  it is getting confusing...
I presume you mean 'CMMG RDB - Radially Delayed Blowback' not 'Maxim RDB' - Roller Delayed Blowback - but it seems more like Bearing delay since they are using ball bearings but maybe they knew about the MEAN setup and stayed away from that.

That said, yeah, I think the CMMG RDB is the best for now even with the wearing of the ejector springs or go with a custom fixed ejector like me and hope it lasts a long time.  My bolt breaking at around 25K may be a fluke....I'm running on my second one now but honestly don't shoot it as much anymore as I'm working on another delayed blowback setup.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top