User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/22/2016 3:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#1]
Got the email, have to send one in since I have the Geiselli trigger. Supposed to be an improvement overall to the system. No worries! Now the .300 will have an SSA!  I see it as a positive to maintain product improvements to your rifle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What?  I did not get any email.  Maybe I did not register my MCX.  Damn.  I guess I will contact them. 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the email as well. I was signed up to Sig's news letter but never registered my MCX before now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I am affected.  What's the deal with calling customer service if an after market trigger was installed?  

I can't get through customer service is a solid busy tone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I kept getting a busy tone too. I just kept trying and eventually got through.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AggM:
I kept getting a busy tone too. I just kept trying and eventually got through.
View Quote

And what was the deal on the trigger?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Still on hold.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Same here
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#10]
I was told that they would replace my current Geiselli with one designed (SSA) for the MCX as told to me and send the current one in the gun back to you. Since I have one with the Geiselli trigger, I have to send in the entire gun, otherwise just the carriage (BCG) The new carriage is redesigned with a firing pin safety and captured springs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:
I was told that they would replace my current Geiselli with one designed (SSA) for the MCX as told to me and send the current one in the gun back to you. Since I have one with the Geiselli trigger, I have to send in the entire gun, otherwise just the carriage (BCG) The new carriage is redesigned with a firing pin safety and captured springs.
View Quote

Wonder how Larues MBT and other premier triggers fall into this?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Not certain, I would call them or do the registration to get the return started. Not sure if they are only replacing the Geiselli's or any aftermarket with a MCX specific SSA?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I'm dumb, but going to the link SIG provided does not get me to "initiate the process" as stated in their email.  It seemingly only allows me to register a firearm that I registered long ago with SIG, and I see no button or instructions or link to "initiate the process" to have SIG ship me a return box.  I know SIG knows I own the MCX, otherwise they wouldn't have sent me the initial message.  I'll wait a while until the dust settles and try calling SIG.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:05:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AggM] [#14]
Originally Posted By Knoxp9090:

View Quote

Ok, so I just got off the phone with them. I have a Larue MBT in mine as well. He said he'll be sending me a box to send my entire rifle back in. He also said they'll be installing a Gessiele SSA trigger that's designed to work with the new assembly for free, and they'll send my MBT back in the box with the rifle so I can install it on another M4. His words, exactly. So, now I just wait for my box to show up and ship the rifle back.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Ok, so I just got off the phone with them. I have a Larue MBT in mine as well. He said he'll be sending me a box to send my entire rifle back in. He also said they'll be installing a Gessiele SSA trigger that's designed to work with the new assembly for free, and they'll send my MBT back in the box with the rifle so I can install it on another M4. His words, exactly. So, now I just wait for my box to show up and ship the rifle back.
View Quote

Not bad, good to hear.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Knoxp9090:

Very interesting... not sure how I feel about the trigger being a dedicated component,  what about  liability down the road if the SSA is swapped out.  

I personally only run MBT triggers now, as I like the consistency across platforms...

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:27:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SigJoe] [#17]
Just got off the phone. Got to send in my rifle as I have a super Tricon installed. They will try and make it work with the new carrier. If not they will replace it with a Geissele trigger that does work and send my old one back. Kind of sucks as I spent money on this trigger just for this rifle as I did for the MPX (told to remove it now). Plus side is I may get a free trigger out of the deal?  Now I need to get another rifle for the super tricon
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I am on hold now.  I installed a rra nm trigger. 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I am glad, this means I'll end up with spare parts after all!

a whole extra carrier assembly which works fine!
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]
so I just talked to them.  I did put aftermarket trigger in so they are sending return box for entire firearm.

Otherwise, he said it is just a bolt carrier group issue.  Not sure what that is all about, but will be parting with my MCX for a while, I guess.

Sort of pisses me off.  Not sure I will be buying Sigs anymore.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:45:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustinU235] [#21]
Just got off phone. They will be replacing my ALG ACT with the Geissele SSA as mentioned above, plus a 50 gift card. They're sending a box with rifle cutouts and a fedex label on it. They'll also return my ALG ACT.

He said that most after market triggers will not work with the new carrier assembly until the trigger manufacturers make one specifically designed for the MCX (if/when). But Geissele has one. He also mentioned that they may be able to get my ALG ACT to work since it is a spin off of Geissele, which would be OK with me because I love the trigger.

All in all, good on Sig for stepping up big on this. I waited on hold for 20 minutes but was on the phone with the guy for less than 3 minutes.

I really like the redesigned carrier as well, it is eliminating weak points and they're pinning the recoil spring plate so your nutnfancy's of the world don't break their guns due to improper assembly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustinU235] [#22]
Originally Posted By army_eod:
so I just talked to them.  I did put aftermarket trigger in so they are sending return box for entire firearm.

Otherwise, he said it is just a bolt carrier group issue.  Not sure what that is all about, but will be parting with my MCX for a while, I guess.

Sort of pisses me off.  Not sure I will be buying Sigs anymore.
View Quote

It's a new design. They've uncovered and are correcting flaws. I'm happy about that. Each must make their own decisions, of course, but this sort of CS is why I would buy from them in the future..., but I'm still sore about the 556Xi debacle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#23]
What's with this part of the email;  "*Serial numbers 63C000044 – 63C003702 – Contact SIG Customer Service for instructions.". Is there a special issues affecting those serial numbers?  Mine falls in that range. The CS persons tone changed a bit when I mentioned this
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SigJoe:
What's with this part of the email;  "*Serial numbers 63C000044 – 63C003702 – Contact SIG Customer Service for instructions.". Is there a special issues affecting those serial numbers?  Mine falls in that range. The CS persons tone changed a bit when I mentioned this
View Quote

Did you ask him?

Maybe you'll get a whole new rifle? I'm just speculating because mine didn't fall in that range..., you were on the phone with them and didn't ask?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cav_scout_tj:
Well I am glad, this means I'll end up with spare parts after all!

a whole extra carrier assembly which works fine!
View Quote

You have to send in the old one first, which is the whole point.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I had one in that range, no aftermarket trigger so just he carriage replacement.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Didn't think about it at the time. I was to busy bitching about the inconvenience and how do I ship the rifle and what if the fedex worker says no guns etc...
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:

Did you ask him?

Maybe you'll get a whole new rifle? I'm just speculating because mine didn't fall in that range..., you were on the phone with them and didn't ask?
View All Quotes

Did you ask him?

I'm in that range and nothing was said. But I have an after market trigger so the whole rifle was going back in anyway.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Did you ask him?

View All Quotes

Did you ask him?

Sweet Jesus, please no.  Mine's been SBR'd, and is my favorite rifle.  Also with an MBT in it, Seekins 45deg selector, etc.

Does anyone else in that serial number block have the path cut for the auto trip sear in their upper?  Pure speculation on my part.  Is that on all of them?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I am gonna guess those are the Self regulating, Cabelas style MCX?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Nope, not mine.  But I do have the M16-style gas rings on the plug.  Did that get phased out?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:

Nope, not mine.  But I do have the M16-style gas rings on the plug.  Did that get phased out?
View All Quotes

Mine is in that range, it's not self regulating it has a variable selector. The bolt does not have gas rings on it, and I have no clue about if that upper is cut for the auto trip sear.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Alright, just got off the phone with them.  First the guy said they were Cabelas serial numbers, then I told him that I bought it from a different shop, as new.  Then he seemingly got confused and just said I have to send it in due to the trigger.  Not sure what that serial number block was for then.

And now I'm wondering about AR15 parts interchangeability with the new carrier, it was nice having the ability to use AR15 bolt and firing pin in an emergency.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Well I first found out about this today on here.  Then my buddy contacted me.  The Firearm Blog put that info out.  The carbine on the Firearm Blog is mine.  How the hell did they get a photo of my MCX.  Anyway, my gun shop just called to tell me also.

Sig is sending the box.  I have to ship the whole carbine because I installed an aftermarket trigger.

Glad they are fixing it for free. 

My MCX
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#35]
This doesn't affect the Mpx? I got the email too but I own an Mpx which is SBR too.

I guess it doesn't affect the Mpx 9mm/.40/.357
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Based off the photos, the nub for the charging handle interface looks much larger.

I'm glad to see that this site at least doesn't have the extreme butt-hurtedness that a lot of others do currently.  Sure, I'm pissed off that I have to trust some mouth-breathing moron with an NFA item.  But I get a free awesome trigger and $50 to the Sig store, though I don't know what I'll spend it on.

But geez, other sites are all "HERMAGERD, how can you clean it if you can't remove the recoil spring??!???  Captured retaining pin?  What if I need to replace it??"  I'm spitballing here, but I bet that you'll be able to disassemble it.  And I haven't yet heard many bitch about the captured retaining pin in the M27 IAR.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#37]
It's funny. I never registered my gun (MCX pistol) or anything like that. I'm not sure how SIG Sauer USA found out that I had it and I got the email.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#38]
When I was talking to the, today I forgot to mention I have a CMG trigger. Guess I'll call them back in the morning 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess this will add another 2+ years to when we actually get replacement parts we can buy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Nope mine is the regular gas selector. I wonder if these in that serial number range have the sear cut?  Off to check
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:
I guess this will add another 2+ years to when we actually get replacement parts we can buy.
View Quote

Fuck I should have asked them to toss an extra carrier in the box. 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#42]
So let's say hypothetically someone's mcx in that serial range has something in it that shouldn't be there does that someone have to send it in?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#43]
That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I have an SBR with an aftermarket trigger. This should be interesting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#45]
So let's say hypothetically someone's mcx in that serial range has something in it that shouldn't be there does that someone have to send it in?
View Quote

Depends. Are you talking underage sears or optium infused triggers?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By crazy1323:
I have an SBR with an aftermarket trigger. This should be interesting.
View Quote

They told me to just include the Form 1 in the package, or they couldn't return it to me.

I have the trifecta of also being in the mysterious serial number range.  Seriously, when I mentioned the auto-sear channel earlier, I was spitballing.  It's just odd to have a range like that and then not tell us why it needs special attention.

This rifle is my favorite one right now, too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#47]
I'll spitball too... It could be the quality of a particular batch of material they used. (bad steel, etc.)
That's something they wouldn't want to tell people, especially on top of a recall for the BCG.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#48]

They told me to just include the Form 1 in the package, or they couldn't return it to me.

I have the trifecta of also being in the mysterious serial number range.  Seriously, when I mentioned the auto-sear channel earlier, I was spitballing.  It's just odd to have a range like that and then not tell us why it needs special attention.

This rifle is my favorite one right now, too.
View Quote

Do you have a auto sear channel on your upper?  Does your bolt look odd?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#49]
You guys in the mysterious serial # range should start posting pics. 
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Well I will contact cs in the morning as I didn't hear about it until it was too late to call today. I also have sbr'd it along with aftermarket trigger so sounds like its going to be taking a trip. I was reading on the sig forum that I don't have to notify ATF or fill out a form xx? since its going to be leaving the state for a little while. Can anyone confirm that is correct and no one needs to be notified?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top