Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 12/22/2023 3:18:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PlaysWithAtoms]
I feel the itch to grab a PCC.  What's your pick?

-Will be run suppressed 100%
-Reasonable price range, say up to $2k before optics, etc.
-Not picky on manual of arms
-Must be current production

ETA: poll says CMMG roller delayed, should read radial delayed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
With that budget id go ap5.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
MEAN Arms bearing delayed upper.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:02:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pakieser] [#3]
I own a bunch of PCCs and each one has its own value to me.

Most fun: MPA30 SBR (going to put a Lage upper on this soon)

Best overall (accuracy and reliability): MKE Mp5 and Mp5k

Most accurate: Colt DOE upper on CMMG lower

Best value - "bang for the buck" - QC10 9mm AR using Glock mags

Most unreliable and overpriced: Sig MPX

You be you
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pakieser:
I own a bunch of PCCs and each one has its own value to me.

Most fun: MPA30 SBR (going to put a Lage upper on this soon)

Best overall (accuracy and reliability): MKE Mp5 and Mp5k

Most accurate: Colt DOE upper on CMMG lower

Best value - "bang for the buck" - QC10 9mm AR using Glock mags

Most unreliable and overpriced: Sig MPX

You be you https://www.qsitraining.net/wp-content/uploads/PCCSBR-Night.jpg
View Quote
Is your Colt DoE upper an original or clone?  Surprised you say it is the most accurate.
I have one myself but it is a clone.

Agree on the MPX, so glad I sold mine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#5]
Originally Posted By PlaysWithAtoms:

View Quote
I would say AP5 since you are not picky on manual of arms.
Also note, no LRBHO on the MP5's / clones as well
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes that is a major drawback.  But I want to be fair to the MP5 because it has some strong attributes.  In a perfect world I could have LRBHO, low recoil, runs well suppressed, reliable magazines, no out of battery grenading, optics ready, and within $2K.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Suppressed MP5 with subs is just a pleasure to shoot, so little recoil it's like your shooting a staple gun.

The new manual of arms takes some training to get used too, and it won't be the fastest to manipulate if you're doing on the clock gun games, but it's still very serviceable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#8]
I would say Stribog A3 w/ scorpion lower (will have to by separately) is first. Also need a 40 deg locking block (order from Europe). It has modern bolt hold open, PSA scorpion mags work great and are cheap. Stribog barrel accuracy is great. Lighter than a MP5.

Next would be MP5 clone, I prefer PTR since they weld a rail on which is nice for optics. It is what all PCC's are compared against and for good reasons. Probably heaviest of the bunch but also the smoothest shooting.

Next would be APC or GHM, but only if you get a good deal around 1300 or less. I like them best out of all the other blowback guns, but prefer roller delay.

The rest can fight below those 3. Everything is a compromise so you'll have to try them all to know what features you like over others.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s going to depend on the purpose, but the top two I’d pick are as follows:

Range Toy - MP5 or MP5K (my favorite) clone. Roller delayed is so smooth and soft and easy to shoot, and they run really nicely suppressed.  Plus the HK slap is the best.

Home Defense/SHTF - APC9, or 9K if you don’t need the rail space.  One of the best modern PCCs available quality-wise, and you can use all kinds of different mags with a simple lower swap.

I also have a Scorpion and would avoid it due to occasionally reported issues with OOBD.  There are solutions, but I think it’s silly to have to buy an aftermarket bolt carrier to solve potential problems with a brand new gun…

PS90 is another fun option.  It’s a blast and one of the coolest guns in existence, but the ammo is close to double the price of 9mm, and I’ve never shot one suppressed.  I’ve heard that not using the right can might cause damage to the stock.

If you really want unique, the B&T TP9 can be had under $2000.  Trigger isn’t the best but it’s extremely compact and fun to use, especially with the proprietary can, but it is pretty gassy.

Another wildcard is a P320 in a Flux Raider brace, but they seem to be finicky with suppressors.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
On your poll you have the CMMG listed as 'roller' delay...it is radial delay not roller
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#11]
On your poll you have the CMMG listed as 'roller' delay...it is radial delay not roller
View Quote

Yep, that's a typo. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a sucker for keeping PCCs small, so I opted for a B&T TP9-N. Only put in the paperwork for the can the beginning of last month, so I can't say about how it performs with one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
1. MP5 or MKE Clone, 8” full size preferred

2. CMMG radial delay, 5” bolt and barrel combo and make your own with a kynshot hydraulic buffer.

3. Stribog “A3” roller delayed guns.

That would be my choice in that order. I own 1 and 2, buddy owns #3. They are all a pleasure to shoot suppressed with 147gr hand loads.

Not interested in any direct blowback guns on that list.

Shoutout to a Vector in 45 or 10mm if you want something besides 9mm PCC.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#14]
The M(ag)P(ul)5--AP5 Review

If not a competition gun, MP5 variant all day.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#15]
I’m in the minority and I’m sure I’ll hurt some feelings but MP5’s and MP5 clones are incredibly unaesthetic guns. Doesn’t matter how well they perform, I’ll never own one.

Stribog is the clear winner IMO, especially when looking at performance to price. Their roller delay system in the new A3 is as good as anyone else’s.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:
I’m in the minority and I’m sure I’ll hurt some feelings but MP5’s and MP5 clones are incredibly unaesthetic guns. Doesn’t matter how well they perform, I’ll never own one.

Stribog is the clear winner IMO, especially when looking at performance to price. Their roller delay system in the new A3 is as good as anyone else’s.
View Quote

Whyareyoughey.gif

Just kidding. But seriously man, get some help! That is definitely a minority opinion.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in the minority and I'm sure I'll hurt some feelings but MP5's and MP5 clones are incredibly unaesthetic guns. Doesn't matter how well they perform, I'll never own one.

Stribog is the clear winner IMO, especially when looking at performance to price. Their roller delay system in the new A3 is as good as anyone else's.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I really like my MPX
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn’t realize it would be so easy to hurt your feelings.
Sorry, MP5’s are ugly AF. Lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my Colt AR9 sbr and my scorpion is cool. But with your budget and requirements I would lean SP5 or the JP Rifles JP5
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:04:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#21]

View Quote

You need to change your User Name from TactiCoolBro to TactiFoolBro because the MP5 is one of the most icon looking guns ever made!  Then you recommend a Stribog which looks like something made in a garage after being designed by the fine folks at Masterpiece Arms.

No judgement zone ... you do you ... even if you're doing the gun life wrong.

Peace and love TFB!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Are You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Mp5
Scorpion with IA-SC9 as you get to shoot normal ammo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#24]
Originally Posted By LOS:

Are You serious Clark?
View Quote

Very. They do nothing for me in the looks department, and I don't think they do anything better than many other 9mm sub guns on the market, which are much more modern, especially in terms of MLOK, picatinny accessories, etc.

I mean you can find a Stribog for $750ish currently. Shoots just as soft as any MP5, they're lighter, and is a much more modern gun overall. It's only weak point is the magazines, which can easily be addressed with an aftermarket lower that accepts Scorpion mags. End result is a gun that runs 100%, lighter, and more modern than an MP5. I fully understand and acknowledge how legendary the MP5 is...just don't care to own one. If that hurts feelings, I'm ok with it lol. I mean, it's so outdated it literally doesn't even have something as basic as LRBHO...

You can scream legendary this and that all you want...the gun has a lot of shortcomings compared to modern sub guns on the market.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#25]
LOVE my GHM9

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Buddy had some post sample HK trigger packs and I've blown alot of rounds through an MP5 (clones)
They are fun
But the dumbass who thought you need to lock the bolt open to reload needs to be pushed down a flight of stairs

Only real downside IMHO

I have a scorpion and it's fun but little more recoil than id like
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:42:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#27]

Yes that is a major drawback.  But I want to be fair to the MP5 because it has some strong attributes.  In a perfect world I could have LRBHO, low recoil, runs well suppressed, reliable magazines, no out of battery grenading, optics ready, and within $2K.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The roller delayed blowback MDP-9 is now available as an upper alone now: https://angstadtarms.com/product/mdp-9-roller-delayed-upper/ and under 2K.  If you already have an AR SBR lower, you can just slap this on.
Can run on Glock mags with various lowers, mag blocks and also with Endomags and the upcoming Exomags.
They have some glowing reviews on their website by various Youtubers and you can find some scathing reviews too.  Honest Outlaw had a scathing review but it was a year ago.

I just got one and about to put it through it's paces.  
I'm hoping this will be my replacement to the CMMG RDB and the MEAN Arms bearing delay as both of those designs have ejector spring failure problems IMHO.
This system uses a spring with the ejector but it is more anlagous to an MP5 where the spring is used to push the ejector out when the bolt has cleared....it isn't absorbing some of the recoil like the ejector spring seems to do with the CMMG RDB and MEAN bearing delay which makes those wear items on those platforms.

Also note the more robust extractor design compared to an MP5.  Looks like the new RIM and MAD extractor designs for the MP5.

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]
APC 9 because of ergonomics alone. The SP5/MP5 is a softer shooter, but the APC 9 is more usable, user friendly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top