Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2023 8:52:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve]
Looking at installing a new 9” 300 BLK barrel on my Gen 1 MCX to SBR it because back then I didn’t know that you should always wait a couple years before buying a new Sig product. The rifle has had the BCG upgrade. My understanding is that I need, in addition to a new barrel, a new bolt head, appropriately sized Gen 1 handguard, and that should be it. Is this correct?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep you’re on the right track . The new barrels require a new bolt that’s called a tapered bolt on the box . With the barrel and bolt you should be good to go . I did what your doing only back wards and it was a pain I have a virtus and at the time the only barrel I could get was a gen1 barrel so I had to get the old style bolt which was a pain in the butt and I way over paid . I know the rails from gen 1 of virtus are different but it seems you already know this . The mcx makes a great 300bl sbr . I run mine with 6.75’’ barrel and Q thunder chicken silencer very cool and quit set up .
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:22:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
I believe the Legacy has a longer op-rod, so you’d need a Virtus length op-rod assembly as well.

I can check for you when I get home, but I’m using a 6.75” Virtus barrel in a legacy receiver so I can use Lancer CF handguards.  I threw the entire Virtus BCG/recoil assembly in as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The barrels are interchangeable without modification
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sinfulsilence:
View Quote

Sorry, you’re correct, op-Rod lengths are identical.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, looks like I'm on track. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Originally Posted By Sinfulsilence:

Oprod length only matters with the 5.5” rattler barrels.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
My go-to rifle is a Legacy with a Virtus barrel and transitional handguard.

Love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top