Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2022 2:43:09 PM EDT
Who is using or has used an ACOG on their FAL?

Thinking of selling some stuff I don't use and putting the money on an ACOG for one of my FALs.

Considering a TA11 or TA110, maybe even a TA31 or TA01.

Probably be better off with the longer eye relief of the 3.5x models but FALs shoot pretty soft
so don't know if it matter that much.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive tried a 01nsn for a while since I already have it.

Didn’t like it due to the short eye relief.. you should definitely  consider a model with a longer one.

I’m probably going to put a RDS since my StG is a 3-4moa rifle

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
TA11J-G on my para.

Though, I've not shot it in forever,
I like the set up.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
TA11 on my argy FrankenFAL. Love it.  Can hit Clays laying on a 200yd berm. Not so good at 400yds tho (probably me)
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
TA11 and .308s go together like PB&J….
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I just stuck a LPVO on like. I really like it and I’ve always hated LPVO’s.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Still can't decide if I want to drop the coin later on a TA11.

For now I dropped an old 4x Weaver (made in El Paso, TX)
with the T post reticle. The glass is actually really good on it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you know anyone that has a TA11? If so go look through it, better yet put it on your FAL and look through it. After doing so you will be buying one, it’s no comparison to what you’re running now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Love my EOTECH on my para. Just didnt see the need for the money an ACOG costs even though I have two of them on other platforms. Really prefer the eotech. Might also add that I'm horribly red green colorblind, so eotechs orange color is the best for me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shortround] [#9]
If you like chin welds, go right ahead, otherwise you might want to get a cheekpiece to go on the stock or an Stg buttstock that has a higher comb.

ACOGs generally sit high and are just right for an AR.  FALs are set up for a nice iron sight picture with your head down on the stock. One reason that they feel so right to many people.  An ACOG in a mount that will fit a picatinny rail on a FAL will set really high over bore.

Look at how much higher the ACOG sits over the irons, and this is with the Stg stock, not the humpback:

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:34:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#10]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 3:44:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin76] [#11]

Like this one?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:53:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin76] [#12]

Now that I've crossed the 50 posts limit let me try this...

Hhmm... not working yet
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:54:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#13]
Here you go @Ronin76:

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#14]
If I would stop spending money on 1911s, I could afford a TA-11 to try out on my FAL.

Don't know if I would be able to cope with the "chin weld" or not.

Right now I'm using a vintage Weaver 4x on some low rings and it sets just right on there.
The glass is actually pretty good on these old scopes.

I've got these 60 year old eyes now and they really like scopes, lol.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks ThatGuy01!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 1:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmad2001] [#16]
Mount directly to railed DSA dust cover. No need of a cheek riser.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I like that
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I debated an ACOG and was going to go with a TA11, but went with an AccuPoint 1-4x instead. With EGW low rings, it only weighs 19.8oz which is only about 2oz more than a TA11. I have give up bullet drop markings, but I gain low magnification for closer in work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
That is also very nice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I just put a 4x32 ACOG LED on one of my FALs. I had an Elcan 1-4x on it before and it sat really low. With the ACOG I used a KRAM riser mount (7.0) and it raised the ACOG up and allows you to mount it further back closer to your eye. So far with this combo I think it's probably the best optic setup that I've tried on a FAL. Can show a pic tomorrow.

KRAM spacers
https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/kram-optic-spacer-acog-pattern.html

Trijicon ACOG KRAM spacers.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you have pictures with the Elcan?  I've been wondering about those on a FAL, despite their weight.  I would have thought they'd sit too high.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
Do you have pictures with the Elcan?  I've been wondering about those on a FAL, despite their weight.  I would have thought they'd sit too high.
View Quote

I can mount one tomorrow and get you a pic.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's a few pics of the Elcan compared to the 4x32 ACOG.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Mounted with a 6x48 ACOG

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I see you're using the ARMS mount.  I like how the Elcan sits with that mount.  I've heard that the mounts do not maintain zero as well as the DSA mounts but I do like that the rail is lower than the DSA mount, which I think is probably higher than it needs to be.  How has the ARMS mount held up for you?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:42:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#26]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
I see you're using the ARMS mount.  I like how the Elcan sits with that mount.  I've heard that the mounts do not maintain zero as well as the DSA mounts but I do like that the rail is lower than the DSA mount, which I think is probably higher than it needs to be.  How has the ARMS mount held up for you?
View Quote

I love the ARMS mount. I had the DSA mount on there before and tried the ARMS mount. In my opinion it fits much better, slides right on and is tight, no wobble or screws to mess with. Sold the DSA mounts and now only use the ARMS mounts for the FAL.

*Edit It appears ARMS may have stopped producing their FAL scope mount
https://www.mountsplus.com/arms-3-fn-fal-mount-standard.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe I'm ignorant here but I've never seen something like that wrap device you have around your pistol grip. What is that? And why?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kmad2001:
Maybe I'm ignorant here but I've never seen something like that wrap device you have around your pistol grip. What is that? And why?
View Quote

California.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

We have an AW ban and a Feature Ban. The grip wrap you see eliminates one of the banned features. This makes the rifle legal under CA law.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By realwar:

We have an AW ban and a Feature Ban. The grip wrap you see eliminates one of the banned features. This makes the rifle legal under CA law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:

I ended up going fixed-mag on mine. I'm not a fan of the grip fins and they are particularly egregious on the FAL. Fortunately, FALs are capable of being loaded with chargers or individual cartridges. It takes me about a minute to swap between a CA legal and a free state configuration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top