Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2019 8:18:32 PM EDT
I have moved to CZ lately.  I am really struggling with holsters.  The RHT holster was an absolute disaster to get the gun out of.  I think it has to do with the tapered serrations and the area behind the accessory rail that is indented.

I have had a bit more luck with a home molded kydex holster, but it still isnt awesome.  Anyone have any insight here?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Comp-tac; but when I looked there was somewhat of a dearth of holsters.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
RHT is... not good.

Comptac and Bladetech are good.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wtturn:
RHT is... not good.

View Quote
Are there a lot on that RHT school of thought.  I thought they were best thing since sliced bread in the competition circle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
Are there a lot on that RHT school of thought.  I thought they were best thing since sliced bread in the competition circle.
View Quote
The praise for RHT in competition circles is a mystery to me.

I think it's partly explained because they are very adept at marketing through sponsorships and social media, but the product itself does not impress me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, I'm a noobie as well.  I went with Comp tech and am happy so far.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wtturn:
RHT is... not good.

View Quote
Huh.  I thought I was the only one who thought they are crap.  I got one of the single layer holsters with a used Tanfo I bought.  It was a flimsy POS.

This is a good holster too:

https://www.ghostholsterdirect.com/shop/ghost-holster-stinger/
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
My comptac showed up yesterday.  Its awesome.   Nice fit with very positive click retention.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I have moved to CZ lately.  I am really struggling with holsters.  The RHT holster was an absolute disaster to get the gun out of.  I think it has to do with the tapered serrations and the area behind the accessory rail that is indented.

I have had a bit more luck with a home molded kydex holster, but it still isnt awesome.  Anyone have any insight here?

Thanks!
View Quote
Well that’s a bit concerning.  I’m waiting on a RHT 3-gun for my shadow 2....I looked, and didn’t see any negative reviews for them.

Without being able to get the same exact safariland level III that I use for work, I decided to get something that wouldn’t mess with my muscle memory.  I wanted level 1 retention that would use the same QLS attachment so it would hook right up to the belt I’m already familiar with.  I had a hard time finding anything else that checked as many boxes as the RHT.  Given that info, what else is there for the shadow 2?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple of Red Hill Tactical competition holsters.  redhilltactical.com. I got a double layer with Blade Tech holes pre-drilled and I am using a Blade Tech belt slide mount. You can pick your choice of mounts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you ever get your RHT holster?   Thoughts on it?  I'm also looking for a retention holster for my Shadow 2.  I shoot mostly 3 gun and having a hood or some other sort of retention device is a must for me.  There are not a lot of options for the Shadow 2 in this regard.

Originally Posted By TROB:

Well that’s a bit concerning.  I’m waiting on a RHT 3-gun for my shadow 2....I looked, and didn’t see any negative reviews for them.

Without being able to get the same exact safariland level III that I use for work, I decided to get something that wouldn’t mess with my muscle memory.  I wanted level 1 retention that would use the same QLS attachment so it would hook right up to the belt I’m already familiar with.  I had a hard time finding anything else that checked as many boxes as the RHT.  Given that info, what else is there for the shadow 2?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 3:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't go wrong with comp tac. Never seen a more rugged holster than comptac tbh.
They are one of the companies that machines holsters instead of thermoforming.

Their customer service is very alive and well too.

I've met them at show shows too. Real solid company.

Going with small companies is a huge hit or miss.
Most kydex holsters are weak and thermoformed and their designs are flooded with flaws.
I had to purchase a holster from a veteran owned small company because comp tac wasn't offering it.

the lead time was 3 months and when I got the holster, I was disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a renaissance holster for my TSO and am a fan
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#13]
GX Products makes a nice holster.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
My comptac showed up yesterday.  Its awesome.   Nice fit with very positive click retention.
View Quote
Thanks for keeping my friends wife employed :D
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought a Comptac originally, but was unimpressed with the fit and quality in general. The safari land concealment holster on my USPSA hanger is much nicer and draws very well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 11:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#16]
Originally Posted By Mike92GT:
Did you ever get your RHT holster?   Thoughts on it?  I'm also looking for a retention holster for my Shadow 2.  I shoot mostly 3 gun and having a hood or some other sort of retention device is a must for me.  There are not a lot of options for the Shadow 2 in this regard.
View Quote
Sorry, I didn’t see this until just now.
I’ve had it for awhile now and it’s been great.  I have the safariland ALS and I haven’t had any issues.  Good retention and no problem holstering or drawing the pistol.  I’d get another one.

As far as retention, it feels similar to a high quality leather holster.  Something like a milt sparks VM2, where you feel friction all the way through re-holstering, then it clicks right at the end.  I got the double layer of kydex and it’s plenty stiff.  Unlike my raven Morrigan, which is somewhat loose unless it’s being worn.

Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BwanaG:
I have a couple of Red Hill Tactical competition holsters.  redhilltactical.com. I got a double layer with Blade Tech holes pre-drilled and I am using a Blade Tech belt slide mount. You can pick your choice of mounts.
View Quote
Same here. No issues with RHT other than wait time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wvoperator:
View Quote

Came here to post this.  I had a BOSS holster with a Comp-tac body I've used for years but have not been super thrilled with it.  RHT seemed thick and my buddy cracked one of his.

I plan to order this one next.  I am super, super hard on my gear too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The Safariland non-retention holster is great. The blade tech is pretty good but i thought it was kind of cheap feeling compared with the Safariland. I don’t have a retention holster for my shadow 2, but I’d assume the als Safariland is nearly the same as the non-als.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By shomestyle:

Came here to post this.  I had a BOSS holster with a Comp-tac body I've used for years but have not been super thrilled with it.  RHT seemed thick and my buddy cracked one of his.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shomestyle:
Originally Posted By wvoperator:

Been happy with the RHT for my Canik, but just ordered one from GX Products for the TSO that I don't have, yet.  Probably see the pistol before the holster, though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:00:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekcoh] [#21]
Double alpha PDR pro holster and you will never look back. I've used all kinds of holsters... RHT, comptac... RHT is good. comptac is good.

But seriously, DAA holster is king shit. It saved my shoulder. I have a brand new if you want. I can do 105 shipped. if interested, I'll post it up on ee so we can do it properly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Scott_R:
Been happy with the RHT for my Canik, but just ordered one from GX Products for the TSO that I don't have, yet.  Probably see the pistol before the holster, though.
View Quote
Just got a tracking number for this holster, today.

Hope it is worth the wait!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#23]
steadfast holster are very nice great fit and finish
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]
GX Holsters are great. There are a lot of USPSA shooters using them. It is a small operation though so lead times can be slow.

https://gxproductsusa.com/
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JSG:
GX Holsters are great. There are a lot of USPSA shooters using them. It is a small operation though so lead times can be slow.

https://gxproductsusa.com/
View Quote
I haven't used this one in a competition yet, but I must say it seems very well done.

Not only are lead times slow, but there is no one there reading emails to tell you an update when it's gone double past what you were originally told.  My only real complaint is there's no communication.

Great product.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#26]
IMG_3408 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

RHT and really like it
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By usmcchet9296:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50069097953_142989c7c2_b.jpgIMG_3408 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

RHT and really like it
View Quote
Looks great!  

Lose the sticker.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I ended up getting a Safariland 578 ProFit GLS holster for my Shadow 2.  I wanted something with retention since I use it for 3 Gun.  The Shadow 2 isn't specifically listed as fitting this holster, but it fits just fine and the retention device works great.  Best part is it was only $45.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Comp Tac or Red Hill.

I just change the insert on my Alpha Academy race holster.  It’s like cheating....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top