Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2023 9:32:36 PM EDT
Summer trap league is starting soon.  Midway has these shotgun primers.  I am getting ready for the season and I would like to have some extra primers on hand.
I have never heard of this brand, apparently french.  Are they good to go?    I usually use Winchester but in my area they are hard to find.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I have loaded and fired several thousand.   They all went bang.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Good primers, but are just slightly larger than US 209's, so they may enlarge the primer pocket in the hull.

Not the end of the world as it's fixable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
How would you fix the enlarged hole?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Grizz272:
How would you fix the enlarged hole?
View Quote

I just buy enough to wear out the hulls using them.  I usually get about 5 reloads from a hull so just use that 1000 hulls for a 5000 brick of the primers
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FB41:
Good primers, but are just slightly larger than US 209's, so they may enlarge the primer pocket in the hull.

Not the end of the world as it's fixable.
View Quote

Older manufactured Cheddites yes, not current production. Cheddite is making them with same dimensions as Win 209 etc.

I’ve loaded 10,000 in the past year. No issues on primer pockets.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve shot thousands and they all go bang.  I do see a lot of piercing though.  Some guns do and some don’t.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigDeeeeeeee:
I’ve shot thousands and they all go bang.  I do see a lot of piercing though.  Some guns do and some don’t.
View Quote

What do you mean by "piercing"?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The primer gets a tiny little hole in it and blows hot gas out which erodes your firing pin.

Not a huge problem depending on how simple it is to replace the pins.

You can tell it’s happening because the dimple is carboned up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top